PDA

View Full Version : Redoing interior What to do with the roof?

Ace
05-22-2005, 12:43 AM
O.K Next weekend I plan on startin to redo my interior now I got everything pretty much figured out with what I want to do only one thing what about the roof????????????????? and the sun visors should I just spray that to???????? any suggestions would greatly be appreciated :slap:

88accordalltheway
05-22-2005, 09:39 AM
use vynil/fabric paint as you would use for the top part of the dash. its really easy.

Vanilla Sky
05-22-2005, 08:54 PM
i would either try to find the color of liner you're looking for (i'll assume black) and go with that, or you can get a suspended headliner kit form several of the autohouses around the net... not bad looking, just a little oldschool looking

88lxi281
02-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Pick up the headliner and foam for a 94 Grand Marquis and do it yourself. Theres plenty of fabric to get the job done. I thing Joanns fabric store has headliner material its like $40

hammer3rd
02-10-2010, 12:31 AM
You can find an old headliner that the fabric is coming off of and has a good board, Pull off all the old fabric and clean the board of all the foam?? and old glue. Got to a supply store buy the fabric and preay adhesive. Spray the board good (<directions ) adn smooth out the fabric good and you have a nice head liner. Take your time it is not that hard. Buy a little extra fabric and have a trim shope do the visors. There you go. For around 100.00 dollars you can have a headliner any color you want.

stat1K
02-10-2010, 06:12 AM
honda doesn't really have a layer of fabric and a layer of foam, it's like vinyl vacuum formed to the board and foam as one, for that reason most people just use spray adhesive over the old vinyl, if you get the permatex headliner glue it works pretty well.

hammer3rd
02-10-2010, 06:32 PM
yeah you are right. but mine was falling off so I just cleaned the board and bought very thin foam and color match vinyl and it looked very nice.

lostforawhile
02-10-2010, 06:44 PM
you can peel the fabric off of the board, it's nearly impossible to find a perfect board, peel it off, then tape it back together on the BACk side, even professional repair shops do this to save headliner boards, now on the fabric side get a fiberglass repair kit, the kit with the resin,hardener and cloth, please do this outside and wear some sort of protection. I just got knocked down by the new stuff in the resin. repair the tears with the fiberglass, let it cure properly, now sand it just like you would wood. you want the repairs smooth, you will need headliner material, the proper stuff will have the thin foam on the backside, use GOOD glue, buy some from an upholstery shop if needed, don't use glue from walmart or home depot, it's not designed for the temperature changes inside of a car, it will start sagging. I use delta personally. You need to cover the material evenly, and the headliner board evenly,let it tack up,then put the two together. use a hard rubber roller to get out all the air bubbles and trim the material on the edges.

Civic Accord Honda
02-10-2010, 06:47 PM
honda doesn't really have a layer of fabric and a layer of foam, it's like vinyl vacuum formed to the board and foam as one, for that reason most people just use spray adhesive over the old vinyl, if you get the permatex headliner glue it works pretty well.

+1 thats what i would do,

lostforawhile
02-10-2010, 06:58 PM
+1 thats what i would do,

the factory ones have the foam as part of the material, you can get this same material, it's about an 1/8 thick including foam, it's also the same stuff they use on the door panels, if you peel them off there's foam right on the plastic,

lostforawhile
02-10-2010, 07:01 PM
here's a good link to some headliner materials on closeout prices http://www.midwestfabrics.com/?pg=1&l=product_list&c=13