PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control!!!

kaltenacht
05-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Hello to all again, off with another one of my questions! So heres the deal this time... CRUISE CONTROL!!!

Ok so my cruise control doesnt work. No problem with me it just looks like one of the vacuum lines are severed. BUT i dont want to fix it. Instead I thought about just removing all the cruise control components and being done with it because i never use it anyway. So has anyone done this before? I did a search on it in the forums and the closest thing I came up with was a Stage 1 Vacuum Removal Mod, and after reading that, I decided that it is wayyy beyond the scope of what I am trying to do. So let me give you a basic idea of what Im trying to do JUSt in case you didnt get what i was trying to say because I have a tendency to ramble...

I want to remove my cruise control compents...
Is it possible without messing up any other vital engine system?
Has anyone done it before?

As always thanks for the replies in advance!

:slap: poke :stick:

kaltenacht
05-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah, just block off the vacuum port, take out the whole unit, unplug it and cover the exposed plug, then undo the portion that's connected to your gas pedal.

Make sure you plug the firewall afterwards.

Ok, i will try to find the vacuum port, but do you know where it is located? And how would I go about blocking off the vacuum port, i mean simple i know but any special type of sleant required?

Autowiz
05-24-2005, 01:51 PM
no sealant that might suck into your intake, man. either get a vacuum cap from your local auto parts store, or cut the hose kinda short and run a screw or golf tee into it. on your car the cruise control isn't even connected to the pedal, just the electrical harness, there is a module for it, but i'd recommend leaving it be. there is also one or two vacuum lines that run to it, follow them back to where they go, and CAP them off, and then there is a short small throttle cable that runs from the unit to the throttle body. it's a real easy job, and shouldn't impact any other systems on your 3rd gen. good luck man