PDA

View Full Version : 1987 accord need help!

hytro
05-24-2005, 12:58 AM
hey you guys i need some major help my car is giving me problems and its driving me crazy. i hope you guys can help me. well here are the problems i have with my car. well this is something that just happend about 4 days ago my car started to leak the brake fluid witch i know is easily repaid but i dont get paid till this friday and the leak is not serious but yesterday when i got in my car i turned it on and as soon as i pressed the brake there was this loud hissing sound being emmited everytime i pressed the brake pedal not only that my car drops the rpms to low and sometimes stalls but this only happens when i press the brake lightly when i press the brake more in the hissing sound stops and the car seems to act norma.l what is wrong? please help me!

88Accord-DX
05-24-2005, 01:43 AM
Try having someone look under the car while you pressing the brakes. I've seen on here some similar issues with the car loosing power when the brakes are applied. It is late at the moment, try searching around on the board some. If no-one can help you, sure I can find it.

Edit. Ok, read this (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=36950) post real good. Has some info. on brakes causing the engine to stall.
Maybe the brake booster. I'll look for that recent thread I seen about it tomm.

Autowiz
05-24-2005, 01:39 PM
hey hytro, your problemS are 1, your brake fliud is seeping out the backside of your MASTER CYLINDER, wich needs to be replaced, and 2 the said fliud seeped right into the vacuum diaphram of your power booster, because the power booster is run off engine vacuum, if it defects, when you step on the brake it will create a sometimes rather large vacuum leak. so, to fix your problems, you need to replace the master cylinder, and power booster, make sure the master is bench bled before installing it, and you should be alright.

p.s. just a suggestion, if the master cyl. is leaking and filling the booster with brake fluid, And the rubber diaphram inside the booster is torn, then what's stopping the engine from sucking brake fluid? you might not want to drive your car too far in this condition.

Autowiz
05-24-2005, 01:41 PM
oh, last thought, if you need to drive your car before you fix it, unplug the vacuum line from the power booster, and plug it. you'll have to stand on the pedal to stop, but your powerplant will smooth out. good luck to ya

hytro
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks you guys i will get to work on this first thing in the morning and again thanks so much for helping me!