PDA

View Full Version : stupid stubborn POS honda (rant)

Not like a rock
05-24-2005, 06:46 PM
/rant

rrrrgh. I've had my 5spd SE-i for almost a year now, and have driven it a whopping five kilometers. lately I've been working on installing my lowering equipment. I thought it would take a day, maybe a weekend at most, but its going on a month and a half (I only get a couple hours here an there to work on it). The back was easy, but the front had rusted damper fork bolts from hell. No problem, nothing a torch, grinder, hacksaw and 8lb BFH can't fix. so that took care of the springs/struts.

Unfortunately, I had to take a torch to the hub nut because it was rusted on that bad, so the next part may have been my fault, or it may have already been f@cked up from someone else. Anyway, the threads on the outbound end of the axle are all stripped to hell with huge chunks missing.

So I was like, no prob...I'll just get a new axle. The great thing about new parts is that the more you have, the closer your car is to being new. No complaints about new parts here. After nearly stripping the threads on my balljoint puller to get the joint appart, I was finally able to try pulling the axle out...and I just finished spending six hours trying to get it out at the transmission side. I can get a screw-driver wedged in, but it just won't budge.

Before I forget: Both rear brake pistons are siezed, the front brake pads had about 2mm of pad left, and there were no cotter pins in the lower ball joints on either side, and the cone filter turns out to have a huge rusted gash in it. If I hadn't already spent 2 grand on restorative bodywork, I'd drag this MF out in the bush and burn it.

Used cars are like girls: They are always messed up from someone else's neglect, but it's up to you to fix them.

/end rant

AccordEpicenter
05-24-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah.... i sooo know that story. My 95 wasnt taken very good care of, so ive put ALOT of parts in it (wayyy more than you have put into yours, im talking new engine/trans/clutch/interior etc) it really comes down to wether they were neglected/abused or taken care of

Strugglebucket
05-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Used cars are like girls: They are always messed up from someone else's neglect, but it's up to you to fix them.
Ah izza, Ah izza
Should I save her?

88Accord-DX
05-25-2005, 03:08 AM
I feel you on that frustration part with putting all the time and money & sheit goes wrong. I didn't have a fun time putting my springs in either. Had to do some different techniques in taking them out. :ugh:

True, I have to leave it at that.

Reptile
05-25-2005, 02:27 PM
I iss my 3G...:(

Not like a rock
05-25-2005, 07:34 PM
I noticed something a little strange today. I was able to get the hub nut to screw back on but:

a) it screws on almost all the way, so that the outside end of the nut is flush with the end of the cv axle, where the cv axle on the other side comes out about 1mm from the end of the nut

b) on my other 3g, the end of the passenger side hub nut comes flush with the end of the axle, but the driver's side sticks out a bit.

c) both axles have about 2mm of horizontal play if you try to pull them toward the outside of the car, where on my other 3g there is no play at all.

so, maybe I'm just being nitpicky and paranoid in regards to point A and B, but I assume that someone has either reused the spring clips, not used any spring clips, or made their own spring clips for the axles. rrrrg, used cars. at least it looks nice with the drop. and at least the trans oil bolts came out with no fuss.