PDA

View Full Version : Map Sensor?

Rendon LX-i
05-25-2005, 01:47 AM
Ok i want to do the 4g map sensor mod. I was looking at some pics. So u basicly take out your old map sensor? and cut the connecter off it put it on the 4g map and put the one vacum line on to the 4g map. Correct can someone help me out here? This well work for 86 to right? Who has done it to a 86 accord? The wires the same meaning match up? Thanks and yes i read the threads but need to make sure. I got the 4g map for free since i did my brother swap. Thanks again.

Strugglebucket
05-25-2005, 04:26 AM
sounds like you've got it.

you don't have to take out your old map sensor, though. you can just unplug it.
then cut an extra harness off a junkyark 3g and splice it to the 4g map's wires so you can plug it right in and easily switch back to the 3g map if you need to.

shepherd79
05-25-2005, 05:36 AM
i did on 86 accord LXI.
it was easy. I went to junkyard and got 4g map sensor and 3G plug.
Soldered them together and it worked. i didn't remove my stock one just incase i want to go back.
the wires aren't the same colors, but they are close enough so you can see.
when you take 4G sensor, make sure you take it with a plug at the end of it.
this way when you put 4G plug and 3G plug you will see which wire has to go where.
PM if you need more help

Rendon LX-i
05-25-2005, 12:55 PM
:rockon: Well i Got my 4g map sensor and all i can say is WOW. im impressed with this mod. Easy like Sherpherd said. Took me 15 minutes for the fact i had to go to the junkyard real quick and take a 3g map sensor clip but Thanks again for everyone helping out. And thanks to 3geezs.

ICEMAN707
05-25-2005, 01:00 PM
hmm i have to try this mod. where is the map sensor located?

Rendon LX-i
05-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Located same place were your accord Map sensor is. In the black box were all your vacum lines go in to. Its the clip that has 3 wires on it. Follow it. Theres a pic Ask PM Sherpherd he give u the how to.

3gn86lxi
05-25-2005, 03:40 PM
It really does work, I'm surprised not many people have done this.
Sent you a p.m. ICEMAN. let us know what you think.
It was well worth doing for me. Not MPG friendly, but worth it. :)

Strugglebucket
05-25-2005, 06:50 PM
hey Rendon, don't you have a p&p'd head? the 4g map probably helps you out a little more than most people.

Rendon LX-i
05-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah thats prolly one of the reasons because of my P&P head. But it would make a difference any how if u didnt.

joker2
11-28-2005, 08:56 AM
I know this is old but what are the benefits of this mod and what does it acually do because I've been thinking of doing it.... :)

bobafett
11-28-2005, 09:24 AM
supposedly just more fuel, overall more power, but i gotta be honest, i didnt notice a difference.... and i had I/H/E/cam/etc .... my mpg is shitty now (30), but its been 37mpg for a year while ive had the 4g map sensor, it didnt seem to hurt my mileage, but didnt seem to help my power much either. :(

maybe i have a 3g map sensor by accident. but i think i bought this off of shepard a long as time ago, so i doubt thats the case...

joker2
11-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Ok, so it's the same as having an FPR...:dunno:

carotman
11-28-2005, 12:25 PM
supposedly just more fuel, overall more power, but i gotta be honest, i didnt notice a difference....

Same thing here.

Oldblueaccord
11-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Ok, so it's the same as having an FPR...:dunno:

I d say yeah its just making your car run richer. If you want you can plug the vacuum line to the stock FPR,up your injector size,trick any one of the other sensors to make your car run rich.

I havent tried it myself but I think there are easier and better ways.

I have thought about manipulating the voltage of the MAP itself but I havent got around to it. Thas what those fuel controllers do they sell for $300 bucks.

Without a wideband O2 sensor or dyno testing its just guesses.

wp

895spdforfree
04-22-2006, 10:25 AM
i have a question, where exactly is the 4rth gen map sensor located, im going to the junkyard today and im just making sure where it is thanks

895spdforfree
04-22-2006, 04:15 PM
nvm i found it, went to the jy, picked it up for 10 bucks, plus a 3g plug, and some hose (didnt need it), wow that was easy i just put it in, im gonna go test it out