PDA

View Full Version : How to Suicide Hood ????

$40089'accordproject
05-25-2005, 09:46 PM
any body have a how to on this its where the hood open the wrong way ????

Magny
05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
you cant do the resverse aspect on our hoods, you can however do the split like your avitar, but thats alot more work. u only wanna tackle it if u are up for the task of doin it. only reason why it wont work on ours is cause the only place u could possibly mount the hinge is right behind the headlights, but then the center will probably be right in the radiator or ac condensor (if u haven't removed yours). i think it might be possible if it was on the radiator support, but i dont think it can withstand the weight of the hood. and as for the split, u could also go one sided too, but like the split, custom mounts and hinges need to be fabed.

$40089'accordproject
05-26-2005, 11:08 AM
well any body have some pics of crazy lookin hoods "kits" on are cars and/or info on them ??

HondaBoy
05-26-2005, 04:22 PM
i dunno, only thing i can think of is look at 2nd gen prelude and accords. they had the hood opening in the other direction that the 3gee has it. i was thinking of that, but sometimes that can be harder to work on the engine. i dunno, but your trunk looks bad ass!

$40089'accordproject
05-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks and yea that where i got the idea was from a prelude at the junk yard the other day and thanks to all the people who have gave there thots on the trunk

phrenology
05-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Hehe, mine is "stock suicide" 84-85 Accords yeah baby! Funny short story about reverse hoods. I never would have thought that a front hinge-hood/bonnet would pop open during driving cause of the windspeed. I was proven wrong earlier this week. I was driving behind what looked to be a vintage E-type Jag circa 60's (me thinks, I'm not a Jaguaphile) it was black and in cherry condition. The old dude driving it probably wasn't expecting it but as he slowed down for the light...Bam!!! the thing flew up and totally blocked his view. He veered, slammed the brakes, smoked the tires and had to fight it from pulling a 180. He got out about 20ft. from the light and closed it. I bet he nearly had a heart attack. :nervous:

HondaBoy
05-26-2005, 08:31 PM
you talking about the one like Austin Powers had? if so i love those, i have a few models of them. sweet old cars.

$40089'accordproject
05-26-2005, 09:15 PM
lolololololololololololololololololololololol o my god i pee'd my pants

phrenology now thats funny i dont care who you are lol