PDA

View Full Version : my first CUSTOM modification

3rdGenHatchBack
05-26-2005, 01:03 PM
well.....i got tired of the ugly stock wheel, but didnt want to go aftermarket because i wanted to keep the funtionality of my cruise.....so i went out and looked at a whole lot of acuras and hondas at the junkyard.........i spied a pretty cool looking wheel in an integra (2nd gen i think, the ones with the wide headlights)

the best thing about the wheels was that it had cruise controls integrated into it very cleanly, so i bought it hoping i could make it work, brought it home, and the splines on the wheel match, and with a little work i was able to hook up the cruise buttons and the horn so that they both WORK!

hehe, heres a pic

http://glowkidz.bizhosting.com/cgi-bin/image/templates/tegwheel.JPG

Cheeseburger
05-26-2005, 02:38 PM
in my opinion it dosent flow with the inside of the car but hey its you car

HondaBoy
05-26-2005, 04:19 PM
i did something like that. i got the 3rd gen prelude wheel. looks good i think. i think most honda/acura wheels do fit the 3gee. like the legend wheel will fit. some of the legends had the steering wheel controls for the radio which i think would be cool if you wanted that and couldnt find an SE-i 3gee. legends are easier to find from what i've found.

maxoutracer
05-26-2005, 07:13 PM
get your self a momo.... only $150... plus honda hub $40

HondaBoy
05-26-2005, 08:00 PM
hell yeah a momo would look sharp! i found a grant that i like. it matches my interior. i'd probley get the honda H button for the horn though instead of the grant one.

88accordhb
05-26-2005, 09:49 PM
g2teg steering wheel. <3