PDA

View Full Version : b18 swap questions.

gfrg88
05-26-2005, 08:24 PM
alright heres wats up, my brother has an engine in perfect running condition. the engine is off of a 90 integra and i guess its a b18a. hes swapping it out for a b18c. so he told me if i wanted his engine.
i told him that it doesnt fit in my car because of the axles.(not really worried about the mounts, i think i can just weld some on) he said the axles are the same. :dunno: so can you guys tell me if this is correct?? and if this isnt, how can i get axles for this??
thanx in advance:)

Rendon LX-i
05-26-2005, 09:16 PM
No i dont think so the axles shafts are alot different from what i seens. i work on my friends 90 integ ls and the shafts are even close. Maybe im wrong. Lets see what other members say.

mouchyn
05-26-2005, 10:23 PM
if the axles were the same, more members would have b series engines in ther 3G accords, don't you think?

in order to swap the b18 in, you'll need (at least):

-custom mounts
-custom axles
-ecu
-transmission
-wiring harness

Rendon LX-i
05-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Theres your answer bud. I was ready to do what u are doing now but i ran into tha axle shafts i aint gonna pay over 500 dollars for custom ones fuck that.

SteveDX89
05-27-2005, 04:11 AM
They are different than stock 3g axles but it's possible they might fit with modification. If the stuff is free, you might as well try it. Leave the intermediate shaft on the back of the B block. Take the Integra axles and remove the outer CV joint. Then take your Accord axles, remove the outer CV joint and install them on the end of the Integra axles. There is a certain amount of endplay that you should have on the axle. I'll check my PRI paperwork when I get home. If this works, we've figured out how to replace any axles that any of us B swappers might break or if we wear out the CV joints.

gfrg88
05-27-2005, 06:57 PM
the problem is my brother is in another state so i cant really try this out right know. thats why i wanted to see if those same axles would work but he was so sure that they worked so i asked you guys. where could i get custom ones at??
thanx

mouchyn
05-27-2005, 07:51 PM
where could i get custom ones at??
thanx

any drive shaft shop. i get them made for a couple hundred bucks

masterkillalw
06-12-2005, 09:13 PM
so steve what is the actual length of those PRI axles anyways?

SteveDX89
06-13-2005, 02:47 AM
so steve what is the actual length of those PRI axles anyways?

Dunno, never measured them.

masterkillalw
06-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Lol