PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

JFreddy
05-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Alright, here is my question that I have been debating on for a long while... I have about 5 grand sitting in my bank of spending money . I am a loyal 3gee driver and want it to be fast like everyone else. I want a fast car but i dont want something the same as everyone else (mustangs, camaros, or newer imports) that was the thing I love most bout our cars, is that it's so different then everything, so if you put money into it, it wont be the same as someone elses car. So here is my question... with 5 grand should I find and engine from a junkyard (a20) and build it up and turbo it? Or should I just keep it as a cruiser car and save my money and buy something the same as everyone else and be fast? but there are other things that I was thinking of, like if I put all this money into the engine of the accord I would eventually have to put money into all the other components of the car that help it drive. but I suppose this could be true with other cars as well. Anyways, if I go with the accord what is better Turbo or Engine Swap? and I'm not meaning like a 10 sec accord, but maybe 14's? Something that will make ppl go.... hey is that an accord??? anyways I was just wondering for the opinions of you guys on 3geez. Thanks in ahead and I have used the search alot on this topic, and gotten an idea but not a direct decision thats why I'm asking for opinions. Thanks

Justin

Elijah
05-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Build it build it I will help lol

geesnow
05-27-2005, 09:50 AM
build it!! it aint my $$!

Not like a rock
05-27-2005, 09:51 AM
yeah. you can talk to Elijah about the cost of turbo ... and you will probably want to have a spare car to use for a while.

mouchyn
05-27-2005, 01:29 PM
i would restore the car to perfect factory condition. it will be reliable, good on gas, and a decent daily driver. maybe some bolts ons here and there.

then i'd buy a bike. cheap to work on, way fast, fun to ride, great time to be alone to think about stuff. no stereos, no passengers, nothing. just your thoughts and the open road. it's cheaper than therapy and way more fun.

that's just me. I don't need my daily driver to be fast. 0-60 in 8 seconds is fine for me -- especially when i get 400 miles out of each gas tank!

shepherd79
05-27-2005, 01:42 PM
turbo the motor the one you have there right now.

Hash_man_Se_i
05-27-2005, 11:38 PM
turbo the beast... i can help put you in contact with someone to help with that,

JFreddy
05-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Alright it's settled, I'm turboing my car! next thing to do now is find an engine!! I've looked in the for sale threads but nobody responds... or there arent any engines... well.. looks like time to make a trip to pick n pull.

pookypal15
05-29-2005, 09:30 PM
sorry I came into this all late. First off, I'm new, so I can't say much... I will say it's your money! If you go the way of the turbo, look into centrifugal superchargers-baisically a turbo that's run off a pully so it can feed directly off your crankshaft. The advantage is they last longer, they provide pretty much no lag, they're not fed by exhaust so they don't get nearly as hot, and if you get rid of power steering or/and ac, then you'll have tons and tons of space. The disadvantage (I'm very biased) is the boost is linear, where a reg turbo you get big hits of boot when it does boost, with the centi-super, as long as the engine spins faster the boost will increase until it levels out. I'd suggest looking at them on ebay, they're not as popular as reg turbos, so it would be unique to have one on an import since they are alot more pop on domestics. Which brings the downside of finding the right one...

Otherwise save up some money and buy an Accura Legend Coupe, that is probably the best car I've driven, even as old as 1992. Those cars don't have to be modified at all, they're ready to go, I've seen them in good condition for 4k

Hash_man_Se_i
05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Alright it's settled, I'm turboing my car! next thing to do now is find an engine!! I've looked in the for sale threads but nobody responds... or there arent any engines... well.. looks like time to make a trip to pick n pull.

I may have a spare engine you can have, and an armrest, lol... i'll let you knowe.

JFreddy
06-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Hey yeah, Hash_man_Se_i if you have an engine I'd be super interested... as for the armrest... lol I'm not sure i need one.