PDA

View Full Version : F*** Sh** F***

2drSE-i
05-28-2005, 10:08 AM
the other night, coming home from work, a dog ran out in front of me........shudve hit the damn thing but of course, i didnt

almost pulled a complete 180 without using the ebrake (i love my fucking 3g) but i didnt, smacked the curb

now the passengers wheel does not turn right......

i thot i had bent an axle, lucky for me i didnt. heres how i will describe the damage

axle is not bent, but at the end of the axle, there is a rubber boot (CV Joint cover?) and i think thats about all that is busted.....my wheel is bent as well, it had to be towed to the shop :-/

cud anyone tell me how much i would expect to pay for a replaced CV joint and a new stock alloy? i have some shitty luck, then again if i had hit the dog (big ass dog) i would probably have another broken headlight assembly, bumper, and a fucked up hood, and fur and blood everywhere....so not many complaints.....except why me? but o well.....thanks for responses

-Adam

88accordhb
05-28-2005, 10:41 AM
sucks man, next time hit the dog.

just invest in new rims, here's your chance. sorry i fotgot how much my cv joints cost to install.

2drSE-i
05-28-2005, 11:24 AM
well, problem is i already owe my dad 1200 dollars (before this recent one), and like i said, it was a big dog so im not sure what wudve done more damage......just wish i had hit the ebrake and looked like some dumbass ricer. i would like new rims tho.......i think ill just get a JY stock alloy, and sell them on here when i get new ones :)

everyone seems to be on the SE-i craze right now, no1 wud want just 3

MrBen
05-28-2005, 12:42 PM
You can get a new axle installed at a shop for like 150... you can buy it yourself for around 50.

I'd bet there is suspension damage also, probably bent control arms. It really depends.

AccordEpicenter
05-28-2005, 04:26 PM
i personally think you should replace the knuckle and lower control arm, you might have other damage too. In my 95 i had to replace the rear beam also (huuuugeee job). you need to see what it bent

FyreDaug
05-28-2005, 06:45 PM
I'd bet there is suspension damage also, probably bent control arms. It really depends.

Almost guaranteed to have bent that, along with the possibility of some frame damage if you hit it hard enough. Dont know how durable 3g frame is, but my friend wrote off my tempo by hitting a curb at 25.

EDIT: I would professionally get it inspected, dont let just the insurance guys look it over. Make sure all the damage gets looked at. (That is if you are going through insurancee and your deductable isnt too high)

2drSE-i
05-28-2005, 09:29 PM
hell no i didnt go thru insurance, (min liability anyway)

didnt look like anything was bent or broken but that cv joint, but i dunno

it will be on a lift on tuesday, and i shud get it back tuesday, depending on how much damage was done.....

all i saw that wasn't how it was supposed to be was that joint....but im no proffessional.....im not even good enough to be considered an amateur (spelling)

EDIT

tuesday ill let u guys know, throw in some speculative remarks on my damage

how much would control arms cost me to get put in?

MrBen
05-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Don't know what labor costs there but it costs around 70 to get one put in, plus cost of parts, altogether depending if you buy it new or get one from the junkyard. There are lots of other things that could've been affected though. If you bent your wheel you probably had a good deal of damage done to suspension.

2drSE-i
05-28-2005, 10:10 PM
well, i dont think i bent the wheel anymore, it didnt look like it had lost any pressure at all, and it doesnt look bent.

we will see tuesday :)

FyreDaug
05-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Well if it was bent you would clearly be able to tell at the lip.

2drSE-i
05-29-2005, 08:08 AM
which is why i dont think its bent anymore :thumbup:

if it were bent i wudve lost alot of tire pressure, because it would be leakin out at the sides of the wheel

2drSE-i
05-31-2005, 10:30 AM
wow....guy calls me today

power steering rack, lower control arm, and .....something that starts with a C i cant remember......too pissed at myself all those need to be replaced

700 dollars, and all the parts will be used

all i have to say is

FUCK

along with that, ive got a bypassing master cylinder and valve cover leaks, both of which my dad said he could do......thanks for the input guys.....i hate myself

87accordlxi
06-01-2005, 07:00 AM
700 bucks really isn't bad for all of that work. Some places would charge that much for the rack unit alone.

MrBen
06-01-2005, 09:01 AM
I say its a good deal if you're paying someone to do it. My old mechanic wanted to charge me 600 just for the rack and installation.

2drSE-i
06-01-2005, 09:50 AM
i wasnt complaining about the price, just complaining about the stupidity of myself lol

but hey, my wheel wasnt bent or busted!

MrBen
06-01-2005, 10:03 AM
We all do stupid things. My stupid thing was speeding over railroad crossing tracks when I first got my car, thinking I wouldn't have it long. You know the kind, the ones that are a little hill and you think you can get air if you go fast over them. It ultimately led to lots and lots of repairs. Damage wasn't caused directly by that, but let's face it, doing 60 or so over railroad tracks isn't good for parts with almost 300k on them ;)

After that I spent the next 2 years babying my 3g

carotman
06-01-2005, 01:26 PM
I doubt that the rack is busted, but it could be...

I'm sure the thing beggining with a "C" is the rear Cross Member. You need to pull out the steering rack to replace it... so either way you will need to take it off.

I hit a curb once and all you described needed to be replaced.

I wish our control arms were weaker or the frame more solid :(

FyreDaug
06-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Well dont wish for weaker parts!

2drSE-i
06-05-2005, 06:48 PM
yes it was the cross member
i shud be getting it back tomorrow

AZmike
06-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Well dont wish for weaker parts!

The easy to replace parts should be weaker than the hard to replace parts to make repairs less expensive. I know that I'd rather replace a control arm than a cross member.

2drSE-i
06-11-2005, 08:31 PM
oh sorry guys, was so happy

got it back weds, rides just like it did, no pulling or anything

$785.05 total, including a 55 $ tow. not too bad, but i thought it was halarious that they had not done anything to it for 4 days, and when they finally started working on it it took them 3 hours to finish it...

MrBen
06-11-2005, 09:25 PM
lol, glad it worked out. I had the same problem with my car though... it sat at the mechanic for a week because he had to track down a part HE broke on my car... and it took him 30 mins to finish it when he finally got it...

Lesson learned to not go to the mechanic!

2drSE-i
06-12-2005, 09:50 AM
i think i just need to go down to the community college and take a body shop class or two

at this point id think theyd almost give me a frequent customer discount lol