PDA

View Full Version : Bored, Check out my new goodies 2005.05.28 *640x480*

Busted_Blue
05-28-2005, 11:17 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5089Small.jpg

Hella H4 European Code Housings. Lemme tell you one thing, these things are worth it if you want quality lighting. Less hotspots and even a cool cutoff line. :D Sooner or late I'll post a output pic.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5088Small.jpg

Hey what's that? JDM Corner! :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5104Small.jpg

paired up makes great lighting. EDM + JDM woot.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5090Small.jpg

Ooo a momo? sweeet.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5091Small.jpg

And it's a quickrelease? :bowrofl:

Busted_Blue
05-28-2005, 11:17 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5094Small.jpg
Oh yea..what's that hiding in behind my front tires? Yup..Konis on max stifness on Tokico springs. Great ride IMO.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5103Small.jpg

Even Asimo sports the Honda Hat.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5086Small.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5085Small.jpg

Another Busted_Blue picture thread. Enjoy and comment!

Summer just started so perhaps next week Ill throw in a photoshoot or something, perhaps with jesse.

maxoutracer
05-29-2005, 02:37 AM
holla at me sometime d... let's do some photoshoot.

phrenology
05-29-2005, 06:22 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5094Small.jpg
Oh yea..what's that hiding in behind my front tires? Yup..Konis on max stifness on Tokico springs. Great ride IMO.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5103Small.jpg

Even Asimo sports the Honda Hat.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5086Small.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050528/IMG_5085Small.jpg

Another Busted_Blue picture thread. Enjoy and comment!

Summer just started so perhaps next week Ill throw in a photoshoot or something, perhaps with jesse.

That looks really nice. I'm gonna pick up a pair of those Hella Euro housings for the regular beams on my 84. I wanted to go with the beam-projector style conversions but I don't know if anyone makes them for the smaller 165mm lamps that are used in the 84-85 Accords. I already have a cheap pair of those "diamond cut" conversion kits but they leak and look crappy. When I get the damn thing running again I'll probably go with two pairs of Hellas with Silvania Silver Stars, or do you think I should go with something more focused for the High-beam pair? I'm also thinking about the Hella dual driving light/fog housings for the bottom of my bumper.

BTW I can't wait*to see your ride up close and personal when I get to the Bay Area! :bowrofl:

88Accord-DX
05-29-2005, 06:38 AM
Looks great Busted Blue, bout time you got them Konis in. Them pics sure look good, should help out on nominations for Accord of the Month. ;)

SiR
05-29-2005, 06:55 AM
I have a question about the steering wheel, is it uncomfortable having the wheel closer to you with out moving the seat further back, so you can keep proper distance from the pedals?

Busted_Blue
05-29-2005, 08:53 AM
I have a question about the steering wheel, is it uncomfortable having the wheel closer to you with out moving the seat further back, so you can keep proper distance from the pedals?

Actually the boss kit I bought is actually the short version hub so it compensates for the quick release. The hub doesn't change the distance of the wheel too far back. maybe 1-2inches. The hub I got is a camlock style not a ball bearing so it is thinner also. Overall the wheel isn't close enough to me to make a significant difference in driver position.

That looks really nice. I'm gonna pick up a pair of those Hella Euro housings for the regular beams on my 84. I wanted to go with the beam-projector style conversions but I don't know if anyone makes them for the smaller 165mm lamps that are used in the 84-85 Accords. I already have a cheap pair of those "diamond cut" conversion kits but they leak and look crappy. When I get the damn thing running again I'll probably go with two pairs of Hellas with Silvania Silver Stars, or do you think I should go with something more focused for the High-beam pair? I'm also thinking about the Hella dual driving light/fog housings for the bottom of my bumper.

BTW I can't wait*to see your ride up close and personal when I get to the Bay Area!

Actually they do make a version in 165mm. Here is the link.

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/165mm_lo.asp

Be sure to get the ECE version as this follows european headlight code. It is better than dot standards in terms if light efficiency.

There are four basic differences between a Vision Plus (DOT Approved) and a Hella Euro Conversion.

First is in the lighting pattern. For us in the US the regulations date from the 50's. The US DOT mandates a dispersed pattern that puts a percentage of the light output UP and to both sides of the road so that overhead or roadside signs, which may not have other lighting or reflective characteristics, are lit for you.

The European standard allows all the light to go on the road - they have a law that any overhead or roadside sign has to have it's own, independent lighting or must be highly reflective. So not only is there more light on the road with your low-beams, the high-beams are more precise as well. There is also a triangle of light on the right side to light up roadside signs. Lamps sold in places where they drive on the left side of the road, like England and Japan, have that triangle on the left side.

The effect is that the Euro lights actually put more light on the road for you to drive with, and offend oncoming traffic MUCH LESS because of the sharp cutoff in the lighting pattern. And all of this with the same wattage lamps as in the US.

That's on low beam. Because of the low-beam requirements and the way that screws up the lens and reflector design, it's impossible to get a good high beam. Although the Vision Plus is substantially better than your typical off-the-shelf sealed beam, it's performance falls short of the Hella Euro Conversion.

The second difference is that DOT also required that the lamp have the three Aiming Lugs on the face of the lens. This requirement was dropped in the 2000 DOT Standard when visual aiming was approved. The Vision Plus lamps still have the Aiming Lugs, E-code lamps do not.

Third, the lamp must have DOT molded into the face to confirm that it meets DOT. E-code lamps have E1 molded into the lens.

Fourth, the lamp must not have more than 60 watts on high beam and 55 watts on low beam. The Vision Plus comes with a 60/55w H4/HB2 bulb in it in order to meet the DOT standard. The E-code lamps have no bulb because there are many variations in wattage and color available. It is not recommended to put a higher wattage bulb in a Vision Plus because the light pattern could dazzle oncoming traffic.

If you can upgrade to the Hella Euro conversions, then this is the least expensive, easiest and most beneficial upgrade you can make to your forward lighting.

Be prepared to pay the price. Hella housings are not cheap but hey, they actually have research and design. They actually made the housing reflectors actually direct light where they want it to be.

88accordalltheway
05-29-2005, 09:04 AM
what the?!?! derek got stuff thats not OEM? I though you were all out oem whore? That steering wheel is really nice.

Busted_Blue
05-29-2005, 09:32 AM
what the?!?! derek got stuff thats not OEM? I though you were all out oem whore? That steering wheel is really nice.
lol help me find a Honda horn button and I'll buy it.

OE stuff can only go soo far yanno. I was looking into a 350mm wheel since our wheels are a tad bigger it takes more effort in terms of making turns. I like the size of my wheel and combined with those Konis, it has made me alot faster on my favorite backroad. Now..for brakes...since I'm getting faster...

88accordhb
05-29-2005, 09:40 AM
your car is on it's way to stardom rek.

ICEMAN707
05-29-2005, 10:48 AM
hey derek did you manage to wire up the horn button? i never bothered with mine. sometimes scary with all these crazy drivers on the road having no horn. how did you do yours?...if you did it that is.

Busted_Blue
05-29-2005, 11:28 AM
hey derek did you manage to wire up the horn button? i never bothered with mine. sometimes scary with all these crazy drivers on the road having no horn. how did you do yours?...if you did it that is.

I didn't bother with fixing the horn button yet. The hub I got is universal with Civics and integras of our years and the hub isn't exactly cruise control friendly. I left the stock cruise control spinner on it. You know the one with the 3 prongs. I'm trying to figure out a way for the hub to spin with that "spinner" (lack of a better word) and keep the horn wire from breaking off. I manage to get the horn to work with the top prong but the spinner refuses to sping with the hub and the horn wire breaks off and everytime I turn, the horn will go off. Somehow I got to get the hub to move simultaneously with the spinner in order for my horn to work perfectly. I'm thinking of somehow making rods to hold them together the top of the hub where you mount the steering wheel to the bottom where it mounts to the spinner and allow them to sping together. Once I figure that out, I will be able to have a horn again. :D

88accordhb
05-29-2005, 11:48 AM
now get some sparco buckets.

Hash_man_Se_i
05-29-2005, 12:04 PM
looks wicked... those hella housings look really nice too, i never get tired of seeing your car its awesome

MIK3
05-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Nice upgrades man, I'm liking it. Job well done. Keeping the 3gee clean as always.

sporkHSP
05-29-2005, 03:59 PM
now, I think you may have to be nominated for AOM next month if you don't win it this month.

Busted_Blue
05-29-2005, 05:32 PM
now, I think you may have to be nominated for AOM next month if you don't win it this month.

No competition now. It's basically B series vs B-odykit. =P

I guess no AOM for me this month.

looks wicked... those hella housings look really nice too, i never get tired of seeing your car its awesome

I never get tired of posting it. :lol:

now get some sparco buckets

want to find me rails?

mr eff
05-29-2005, 09:56 PM
you've got to take me on this "favourite back road" of yours sometime D... i've been driving my car around corners way fast now with the konis. even still, i'm sure i'm not pushing the car to its potential. teach me, teach me!

Hash_man_Se_i
05-29-2005, 10:01 PM
want to find me rails?

Sparco makes them, i found the part numbers on the cardomain store... i had the links somewhere.

And IMO, your car IS AOM ... lol... yes steves car is awesome too, but i donmt know what it is, your car is so clean.

Busted_Blue
05-30-2005, 02:21 AM
you've got to take me on this "favourite back road" of yours sometime D... i've been driving my car around corners way fast now with the konis. even still, i'm sure i'm not pushing the car to its potential. teach me, teach me!

Do you mean taking your car there or my car? I think its best I take you for a spin once first..before you ever trying it. don't want you falling off a cliff now do we?

as for those sparcos, I don't think sparco makes them anymore..

mr eff
05-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Do you mean taking your car there or my car? I think its best I take you for a spin once first..before you ever trying it. don't want you falling off a cliff now do we?

yass yass, teach me teach me!!

jigga89SEi
05-30-2005, 10:16 AM
so where did u get the wheel?

ICEMAN707
05-30-2005, 10:20 AM
derek, did you guys get sway bars and rear strut bars? those help alot too. i have a floor bar, rear strut bar, front strut bar, and addco anti sway bars. handles like a go cart!

Busted_Blue
05-30-2005, 10:50 AM
derek, did you guys get sway bars and rear strut bars? those help alot too. i have a floor bar, rear strut bar, front strut bar, and addco anti sway bars. handles like a go cart!

i have s/t sway bars and front strut bar. I probably will get a rear strut bar. The whole floor bar I'm not so sure on.

How did you get the addco to fit on a rear disc brake?!

as for the wheel jigga, its a momo tuner wheel with a momo f1 concept horn. :)

ICEMAN707
05-30-2005, 08:12 PM
How did you get the addco to fit on a rear disc brake?!
:)

Sorry forgot about that, I sold my rear addcos on eBay for $115 and got a rear suspension techniques one when I did the rear disc brake swap.

Busted_Blue
05-31-2005, 03:10 AM
Sorry forgot about that, I sold my rear addcos on eBay for $115 and got a rear suspension techniques one when I did the rear disc brake swap.

rats i was hoping you actually did it. anyways, does the floor bar actually help?

ICEMAN707
05-31-2005, 10:02 AM
rats i was hoping you actually did it. anyways, does the floor bar actually help?

I got all these lateral bracing on my car I dunno if it actually helped... and my car is already stiff as it is. But it looks cool on there though.

Busted_Blue
06-01-2005, 09:57 PM
I got all these lateral bracing on my car I dunno if it actually helped... and my car is already stiff as it is. But it looks cool on there though.

im not really into the whole cool thing as much as I am into the performance.

function over form as they all say.

I have a couple of things I would like to do to my car that is more performance oriented. Believe it or not, that momo steering wheel helped my performance. It made turning alot easier and quicker and it even has form! :D

brakes, perhaps some more interior driving oriented accessories to help aid my driving position.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-01-2005, 10:51 PM
^^ how much of an improvement did you notice with the st bars ??

I'm considering picking some up cuz i want to hit up autox at the track pretty soon.

Busted_Blue
06-01-2005, 11:24 PM
when i installed the s/t bars, i did it very interestingly. I installed the rear one first. for one week, I drove with the rear one only (still had a front stock one of course) and i notice the car had less roll during a turn and the rear seemed to rotate better. I even took it on a mountain road to test it out.

the following week, i installed the front one. Immediately I noticed the nose dip and roll as significantly on initial turn in. The car had less roll when I flick it into a turn. It still had roll though just less of it.

conclusion is: front helps turn ing, and rear helps the back end rotate around faster. I wish I had a bigger rear sway bar so it would rotate even better.

It wasn't until my current setup with the konis where I felt even less roll. Now i can even floor it through a corner without having to worry about my wheel losing traction because of a bump.

As far as autox, I would love to do some, but lack of weekend time and it will eat my tires more than a mountain road simply because it is on a flat surface. At least on a mountain road, there are bankments to help tires from being eaten up as quickly.