PDA

View Full Version : Car alarm....Where is the parking light wire??

maxcrx
05-29-2005, 12:55 AM
I was installing my car alarm this morning and was having a hard time looking for the parking light wire. I know it is a red and black wire. There are 3-4 red and black wires.

In the kick panel there is an black/red wire, don't know what that is?? This wire is the bunch of others with the door lock/unlock and input wire...

Oh yeah I have an Avital tornado 2 alarm on the car....The funny thing is the diagram everyone uses, is different for me...on the ignition it is not the Black/yellow wire but the white/red wire to the ignition. My tornado say to look for power when it is "on" , "crank" and "run". The black/yellow doesn't work with "on", the white/red does.....Wierd.

Question: Can someone direct me to find the parking light wire (red/black)?? Where is it exactly located?? it can't be in the kick panel cause only black/red?? Where can be???Above the fusebox, below the fuse box, right or left of fuse box???

Question: Is the parking light wire an + or - polarity, I can't seem to find that info on 12volt so I connect possible parking light wire to ground as stated in tornado 2 manual. Is this right?? :dunno:

maxcrx
05-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Never Mind, I finally found the wire!! Man I feel like such a noob

catalin
06-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Reference for the future... Hondas are all positive trigger lights and you can easily find the park lights at the fusebox. All Hondas will have etra slots for accesories just by he fuses. One will do park lights.

POS carb
06-21-2005, 07:00 AM
the fuse box has inputs/outputs for acc, ignition, and parking lights... they're labled "I" "II" and "III" or "1" "2" and "3" respectively, they are side-by-side above all the fuses.
hooking up the light flash output from the alarm to the #3 will trigger the parking lights and you can use the # 1 or 2 to keep the alarm from arming with the key in.

EricW
06-21-2005, 08:07 AM
I always wondered what that third connection was for.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-21-2005, 10:39 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_24_full.jpg

suvsareretarded
11-23-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm going to be installing a tornado 2 this weekend. Where did you mount the shock sensor? Also, thanks for the heads up on the positive parking lights... but what is the difference between a positive parking light TRIGGER, and a parking light wire? Also, did you wire the power locks? Do you need extra relays to do that? My accord already has power locks, but the installation manual isn't very clear in how I wire the alarm 'box' up to the power locks....