PDA

View Full Version : racing 3g

nismoracer99
05-29-2005, 04:51 PM
i bought a 3gee a little over a year ago, with no tranny. i havn't fixed it yet cause i was making payments to this guy (newly millionaire). i just got it paid off and he was gonna get the title he had for it, but the next day comes, he's not at his work! i found out he got fired cause he didn't do anything all day anymore. well, i dont know where he lives, and figured he will call me soon. a month or so goes by, so i went to his work to get his phone number, and got it (im glad im friends with his boss also.) so i called, and got his wife. i asked for Randy, and she says he doesn't live there anymore. but after talking a little to her, she told me he was in trouble with the law, and that he shot some guy in the head during a drug deal gone wrong :omg: . i found out the guy was alive and well tho. so i have a car, with no title, no plates, and no transmission. so i figured im going to have to junk the car, but junk yards wont take the car. so i was going to dump it on the side of the road, since i wont get into trouble.

But i got an idea. why not race it? turn it into a road racer, like Gran Turismo style racing. my question is, do i need it registered by the state to race it? and also, how is the handling for the 3geez with the suspension mods avaliable for it? anyone driven a CRX with suspension mods, and have a 3gee with simular suspension mods that can compare the two?

hopefully, i can use the Accord, while i goto racing school, and start participating in racing. one thing sucks tho is the school costs $2,000 for two days :jaw: . i do think it will be worth every penny tho.

so if anyone can answer the questions in the 2nd paragraph, i would appreciate it :D

cubert
05-29-2005, 05:12 PM
i havnt personally driven a crx and accord with the same mods...but im almost 100% sure the CRX would handle better because the thing ways like .2 pounds...

This is what i love about NH...any car 88 and older does not need a title to be registered..

sporkHSP
05-29-2005, 06:16 PM
I fyou have the spare cash, you can give it a go. Revalve some Bilstein struts and pick your springs, maybe a turbo or engine swap (both require efi for best results)... If you have the cash, you can make it plenty competative. It all depends on how far you can afford to go.

Oh, who is the 'newly millionaire' you or him? thats kinda confusing

Busted_Blue
05-29-2005, 07:44 PM
a crx will probably turn better simply because it has a short wheelbase than our cars. It also means that once it losses rear traction, the likelihood of your car spinning out is even higher on the CRX.

as for mods to the accord.

-Suspension.. Ground controls + custom spring rates will be the best bet. I myself would like to get some spring rates of 8kg/mm in the front and 6kg/mm in the rear. Revalved bilstiens to follow those spring rates. Nothing better than having struts that can withstand the stiffer rates.

-New poly bushings on all the suspension rubber ones to make the car more responsive

-Rims would be great. I would run 16inch in the front and 15inch in the rear just for the most optimal handling. 205/45/16 in the front and 195/55 in the rear

-Sway Bars: Upgrade the sway bars to suspension techniques bars. get an addco sway (if you can find one) if you are planning to keep rear drum brakes.

-get a smaller steering wheel. believe it or not, I think this helps with turning since you wiill require less effort to turn as much. I prefer 350mm since it isn't too small nor too big.

-SEATS SEATS or..a harness at most. The biggest thing slowly me down is seriously, me trying to hold on. I shouldn't worry about holding on while there is lateral g but be more focused on driving. I know for a fact that when I feel alot of lateral g on me and I am trying to hold on, I hestitate to go any faster even those the car can probably go faster.

-Brakes: make sure it is just bled correctly and there is enough pedal response. The last thing you want to do is run into the runoff in a track. High performance pads are a good start and stainless steel lines are good too.

-engine you can do watever you like to this part. I have no real personal addiction to moding the engine yet. Having an exhaust and intake does make it sound great when you change gears and floor it though. Beyond that I don't think there is much you need to do to have fun if you have all those suspension mods.

hopefully someday I'll reach the end of this checklist. Im sure there is more but you can learn what to do with that. This is just my idea of what I want to do to my car soon enough.

nismoracer99
05-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Busted_Blue: Awsome! as for the engine, i want to get something lower milage, and some horsepower, so i may have a b16 engine swap. i may put better rods, better pistons (dont know if i should get high comp, since im gonna N/A the motor), a stronger crank, and some head tuning like camshafts and valve springs and such. i know its hard to do the swap on a 3gee tho. but i wont swap till i get a little bit more experience racing, and in the meantime, ill race my 165,000 mile engine till it blows :D , and when it does, hope it don't damage anything besides the block itself :sad2: .

the guy i bought it from is the millionaire. after i bought the car, he bought himself a new chevy s10, and rolled it 2 weeks later cause he fell alseep at the wheel. then he bought a cadillac STS.

I sure wish i was a millionaire tho. im going to a technical college soon for diesel and heavy equipment mechanic, so i should get some money after that when i hopefully work at Freightliner. it lasts for 22 months tho, and costs quite a bit, but worth it. during it, im hoping to get a good paying job. if its $10 an hour and more, it would be good paying to me. i would be a gas engine mechanic, but they get paid a little less than diesel mechanics :sad2:

edit: got one more question. what tire is best for grip and wont cost a lot and will last a bit?

phrenology
05-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Busted_Blue: Awsome! as for the engine, i want to get something lower milage, and some horsepower, so i may have a b16 engine swap. i may put better rods, better pistons (dont know if i should get high comp, since im gonna N/A the motor), a stronger crank, and some head tuning like camshafts and valve springs and such. i know its hard to do the swap on a 3gee tho. but i wont swap till i get a little bit more experience racing, and in the meantime, ill race my 165,000 mile engine till it blows :D , and when it does, hope it don't damage anything besides the block itself :sad2: .

the guy i bought it from is the millionaire. after i bought the car, he bought himself a new chevy s10, and rolled it 2 weeks later cause he fell alseep at the wheel. then he bought a cadillac STS.

I sure wish i was a millionaire tho. im going to a technical college soon for diesel and heavy equipment mechanic, so i should get some money after that when i hopefully work at Freightliner. it lasts for 22 months tho, and costs quite a bit, but worth it. during it, im hoping to get a good paying job. if its $10 an hour and more, it would be good paying to me. i would be a gas engine mechanic, but they get paid a little less than diesel mechanics :sad2:

edit: got one more question. what tire is best for grip and wont cost a lot and will last a bit?

It sounds to me like he was only a millionare cause he was dealing some heavy drugs...I mean enough to get shot over, sounds like a real swell guy. Good luck with your legit driving career. Dealing drugs is a good way to make a lot of money if you don't mind getting shot or ending up dead over something stupid and landing yourself some hardtime in the pokey.
:uh:

nismoracer99
05-30-2005, 11:49 PM
It sounds to me like he was only a millionare cause he was dealing some heavy drugs...I mean enough to get shot over, sounds like a real swell guy. Good luck with your legit driving career. Dealing drugs is a good way to make a lot of money if you don't mind getting shot or ending up dead over something stupid and landing yourself some hardtime in the pokey.
:uh:

he inherited the money from his wifes father.... but he was a biker guy, and had a harley davidson and everything.

i forgot about one question, the accord is an '89, so do i have to get it registered before i can race it?

if i tell the government that i have his car, i may never see it again :(

shepherd79
05-31-2005, 04:26 AM
i am not sure how it is in WA state, but here in WV.
you can go to DMV and tell them that you need new title for abandoned car. you will have to get the car inspected and sherif will have to come out and write down the Vin number but it is very easy to get a title here in WV.

snow_man_20
05-31-2005, 04:49 AM
i am not sure how it is in WA state, but here in WV.
you can go to DMV and tell them that you need new title for abandoned car. you will have to get the car inspected and sherif will have to come out and write down the Vin number but it is very easy to get a title here in WV.

It's a bitch it get a "lost title" in WA & OR. there's all kinds of hoops you have to go throught including a 4 year wait.

snow_man_20
05-31-2005, 04:51 AM
It's a bitch to get one in washington or oregon state, theres all kinds of hoops you have to go through including a 4 year wait.

nismoracer99
05-31-2005, 01:21 PM
that sucks. i might call up Pacific Raceways and ask them if i could race it without it being registered.

mouchyn
06-03-2005, 04:54 PM
if you race the car on a track, it doesn't have to be registered. you just have to get the car to the track on a trailer.

tracks are private. no insurance, registration, or driver's license legally required.

nismoracer99
06-03-2005, 09:55 PM
awsome :D

nice car mouchyn :)