PDA

View Full Version : Tinted tails meet punk azz cop

jigga225
05-31-2005, 10:17 AM
whas up all. just to let everybody know. I was rolling tonight, and a bitch ass cop pulls me over i asked him why he says "You got no tail lights." I said whatever man. Cause I got out and looked, my lights were on he was just trying to find a reason, and make it seem bad. I told him, what are you talking about, well he says "They're dim".
So the mofo gives me a ticket, one for my tail lights, and another for my expired inspection sticker. $97 each.
I said, "say man why you gotta give me 2 tickets", he says "WHAT DO YOU WANT 3?"
I've had tinted tails for over 3 years now, just ran into a cop who was mad cause I make more $$ than him and i'm only 22. So watch out all of ya if you tint them. I'm still not taking mine off.
Coulda been worse, coulda been a speeding ticket or something. Glad this wont make my insurance go up though.. will it?

NXRacer
05-31-2005, 10:28 AM
its not a moving violation so it shouldnt make your insurance go up.

myaccord7
05-31-2005, 10:47 AM
what did you say?

jigga225
05-31-2005, 10:59 AM
what? when he asked me if I wanted 3 tickets, i just mean mugged him, and got back in my car.

mr eff
05-31-2005, 11:06 AM
that's lame, sorry to hear that chief. i fear the same fate myself. smoked tails for life though!

halxi
05-31-2005, 11:52 AM
ive had my flashers on a couple times sitting on the side of the road, and with my painted red tails the cops eye me like no other... im waiting to get popped for "impersonating a police officer" or some shit, but as long as im not moving with my flashers on i hope im ok.

AccordEpicenter
05-31-2005, 12:07 PM
theyve never ever bothered me for my smoked tails. I dont think mine are as dark as yours jigga though

Busted_Blue
05-31-2005, 12:33 PM
they really just dicked you for the expired stickers and then tried to milk everything else out of your car.

jigga225
05-31-2005, 01:53 PM
yah i know he was hating... cause I was taking this chic to the movies, and them High school kids were just graduating, so they were driving around that neighberhood acting stupid, so guess he thought i was one of them. A$$hole. And I know he was looking for anything, cause it was NIGHT time, and you can see my lights perfectly. Now when he shined that big spotlight on me, he saw the black tint, and it was hard to see my lights. Talking about "improper equipment."
Night:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/389000-389999/389640_44_full.jpg

Cheeseburger
05-31-2005, 04:09 PM
dam that sucks a big time

TheWatcher
05-31-2005, 05:29 PM
You better fight that ticket in court or take those tail lights off! Otherwise, if you just pay the fine, everytime that cop sees your car, you're gonna get a ticket.

Happens here for recon violations ALL the time. Some cops live to write those tickets.

So unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I would put the stock tail lights on until your court date.

Peace.

jigga225
05-31-2005, 06:50 PM
You better fight that ticket in court or take those tail lights off! Otherwise, if you just pay the fine, everytime that cop sees your car, you're gonna get a ticket.

Man F^ck them. That's what the system is designed to do. have you scared amd worried and shyt. I'm not even there anymore I'm in Austin Texas, and my 3G is at home. I'm driving my other car this summer. I'll pay the ticket. When I get back home, I'll take the tint off the bottom, and do red/black combo.

88accordhb
05-31-2005, 07:37 PM
some cops are such dicks. hate them man, our tax money would go sooo much futher if the cops do the real shit like catch the bad guys, not fuckin writing fix tickets..

myaccord7
06-01-2005, 03:29 PM
"TheWatcher" that girl in your sig. is fine!! my god!!!!! great picture

spades27
06-01-2005, 03:40 PM
that sucks dude i got the same thing but for a plate cover i had a blue plate cover on and the cop gave me shit for it

Moodybluesr
06-01-2005, 09:51 PM
These threads are so funny to me... "I did something illegal and got a ticket for it!" Well duh! :lol:

jigga225
06-05-2005, 07:02 PM
These threads are so funny to me... "I did something illegal and got a ticket for it!" Well duh! :lol:
OK well since you've never went over the speed limit, and haven't done anthing in/to an automobile that if a cop was being an asshole, he could give you a ticket for.. :rolleyes: ... well this thread doesn't apply to you, then

mouchyn
06-05-2005, 10:55 PM
OK well since you've never went over the speed limit, and haven't done anthing in/to an automobile that if a cop was being an asshole, he could give you a ticket for.. :rolleyes: ... well this thread doesn't apply to you, then

that's not what he said. i'm sure if he got a ticket for speeding, he wouldn't be pissed at the cop. the cop just caught him breaking the law. That's like being mad at your woman for walking in on you bangin some other chick. how much sense does that make?

you break the law, you pay for it. it's that simple. what you did violates department of transporation lighting requirements. so, you can either use some light measuring tools to prove that your smoked lights meet DOT regulations or you're gonna get fucked with.

i got tickets all the time for "modified exhaust" down here in College Station in my prelude. All i did was upgrade the piping to 2.5". still had a cat, still had a stock exhaust manifold, and a OEM replacement muffler, and i got tickets for a "modified exhaust." Was I angry? no. I went to court and proved that my shit was legal. case dismissed.

bending over and taking it in the rear on a ticket like that is your own fault.

TheWatcher
06-05-2005, 11:06 PM
that's not what he said. i'm sure if he got a ticket for speeding, he wouldn't be pissed at the cop. the cop just caught him breaking the law. That's like being mad at your woman for walking in on you bangin some other chick. how much sense does that make?

you break the law, you pay for it. it's that simple. what you did violates department of transporation lighting requirements. so, you can either use some light measuring tools to prove that your smoked lights meet DOT regulations or you're gonna get fucked with.

i got tickets all the time for "modified exhaust" down here in College Station in my prelude. All i did was upgrade the piping to 2.5". still had a cat, still had a stock exhaust manifold, and a OEM replacement muffler, and i got tickets for a "modified exhaust." Was I angry? no. I went to court and proved that my shit was legal. case dismissed.

bending over and taking it in the rear on a ticket like that is your own fault.
Mouchyn,

I don't think jigga understands that we're just trying to help him. To be honest, doesn't sound like he wants our help. Just let him get another ticket, some people have to put the metal fork in the power outlet at EVERY angle before they give up, or they say "shock no hurt, hahaha", and pretend that it didn't happen.

If he want to use this thread as a bitchfest, let him. I know I'm gonna laugh if he gets another ticket and rants again. :lol:

Peace.

jigga225
06-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Ok I didn't make this thread/comment to battle if my lights were legal or not.
My inspection sticker was expired :: Can't get mad about that, my own fault for neglecting to go get it.
As far as my tinted lights... I have passed state inspection for 2 or 3 years with these same lights without problems, and I've seen people with the gto or whatever covers on them.
- Members here can say "Damn jigga sorry you got the ticket", alright, thanks for commenting
Members can also say " You break the law you get a ticket.." , alright, thanks for that reminder.
- So yeah I could go to court and fight with the fact that I have passed inspections with this stuff on my lights. I can't do anything 'bout the sticker. My own fault, I take losses like a man, cause they're unavoidable, the devil is busy.
- Yeah I'm unhappy I got a ticket, if I wanted to rant/bitch about it I woulda put this in off topic.
- But I remember I posted some "How To" instructions on how to do this "mod" a while back, and I said that I've never had a ticket from it, and wanted let people know that that's not true anymore.
So think twice about doing them, cause it's a touchy case. I've had cops ride behind me in traffic, and have even pulled over by cops before (other reasons), and they have never mentioned my tinted tails.
--So I've accomplished what I wanted to do by post #1 in this thread.
I'm out! - J
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/389000-389999/389640_6_full.jpg

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-06-2005, 11:15 AM
^^^^ well said.

1987HondaAccord
06-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Damn jigga sorry you got the ticket. I got a ticket a few months ago for expired registration and a broken headlight (it had just stopped working a day before :mad: ). I only had to pay 10 bucks 'bail' for both tickets after i fixed the registration problem. i'm just glad he didn't look at my exhaust (test pipe, kinda loud muffler) or under my hood (CAI).

You break the law you get a ticket. :werd: some laws are rediculously pointless.

halxi
06-06-2005, 11:43 AM
I have an idea that might save you from a 2nd ticket...

Dont remove the tint, but get higher wattage bulbs... if he said they are dim, well brighter lights will fill out the lense more and put off more of a glow, im thinking you would only need another 5 maybe 10 watts for it.

Hopefully youll take my advice, and not let the cops win on a BS ticket.

cubert
06-07-2005, 11:05 AM
its because cops have nothing better to do...they wont pull the people over weaving from lane to lane with their cell phones shoved in their ear...or the people who turn without directionals...or the old people who cant see over the dashboard of their friggin land yachts of cars...but hey..young kid in a modified car...must be trouble..

Most cops suck. Powertripping Assholes.

My friends have gotten pulled over multiple times for speeding..and police have asked to search the vehicle...young people going fast must have pot somewhere in the car...right? Its stupid...but whatever..its not gonna change..