PDA

View Full Version : Turbo/vacuum

MarioBurke
05-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Ive been looking through these forums for quite a while now but i cant really find any info on this. When doing turbo what do you do with all the vacuum? I see that some people remove the vacuum box and all the lines, but doesnt that make he car run like shit? and what exactly do you remove and what do you leave?

also questoin about some of the people running the legend injectors. If injectors are specially designed per car and you are running the injectors from the 2.7 CL like I read somewhere on here and you do the math

CL
2.7L / 6 cylinders you get = .45 flow through into each cylinder.

Accord
2.0L / 4 cylinders you get = .5 flow through the injectors.

wouldnt that mean if you used the CL injectors you would actually be down sizing? even if you did a 3.0L

3.0L / 6 cylinder you will still only be equal to the accord. SO am I thinking wrong here?

I have many more questions but if I can we start with these

AccordEpicenter
05-31-2005, 12:05 PM
most honda/acura injectors are 240cc regardless if its v6 or 4, most are peak hold type (like ours) some are saturated type. I think obd1 H22 used 280cc or 310cc injectors though. I left most of the vaccuum lines in, it didnt hurt anything. I run 450cc mitsubishi injectors.

MarioBurke
05-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Did you do anything with the vacuum advance on the distributor? when you boost and it takes away from vacuum does that retard the timing? Would it possible to show me what gets removed as far as vacuum?

AccordEpicenter
05-31-2005, 12:34 PM
im running an msd btm on the distributor, but im dont think that the vaccuum advance really makes a difference when in boost. I just unplugged my charcoal evap can and the IAB's and stuff like that. Oh yea, the map sensor is in the mystery box too, so is the egr solenoid, those are the only 2 things i still have hooked up from the box.

MarioBurke
05-31-2005, 12:38 PM
Btm? Iab?