PDA

View Full Version : jdm fixed headlight conversion

3gmodifier
06-01-2005, 02:18 PM
is it possible to to obtain the jdm fixed headlights, hood, and fenders and bolt it up to ours. i have seen a few pics of the jdm spec 3g's and like the way the front looks i want to do the same.

L3G10N
06-01-2005, 02:28 PM
hem.... it's not the EDM who have the fixed headlight?

3gmodifier
06-01-2005, 03:39 PM
i'm not sure but they look pretty cool. if i found the parts i wonder if they will bolt on.

halxi
06-01-2005, 03:57 PM
its EDM

and anythings possible, if your pockets are deep enough.

88accordhb
06-01-2005, 04:06 PM
yah i don't think you have much modification if y ou can afford/get a hold of the fenders, bumper, hood, and lights.

88LXi68
06-01-2005, 04:12 PM
You also need the top radiator support.

Cheeseburger
06-01-2005, 04:44 PM
check this place out. they are here in so-cal
http://www.passwordjdm.com/Default.asp
call them and see if they can get the conversion for you

3gmodifier
06-01-2005, 05:13 PM
damn, i probaly couldnt afford all that stuff. it would look awesome though

Cheeseburger
06-01-2005, 05:30 PM
i think if you go inperson you can get good prices

TheWatcher
06-01-2005, 05:46 PM
is it possible to to obtain the jdm fixed headlights, hood, and fenders and bolt it up to ours. i have seen a few pics of the jdm spec 3g's and like the way the front looks i want to do the same.
You don't like the flip up headlights??? That's one of the things that make our cars unique. Why do it just to be different and look like all the other cars out there?

Whatevers, the JDM wannabes are showing their faces.

Peace.

w00tw00t111
06-01-2005, 08:26 PM
You don't like the flip up headlights??? That's one of the things that make our cars unique. Why do it just to be different and look like all the other cars out there?

Whatevers, the JDM wannabes are showing their faces.

Peace.
Dude I totally agree. I love my popup headlights. Those things are awesome. Partly b/c they are so rare!
IMO if your gonna go JDM your gonna have to go all the way not some cross-breed hybrid shit.

3gmodifier
06-01-2005, 09:06 PM
hey now, i love my pop-ups to, i just wanted to know if it was possible. even if i could afford it i probly wouldn't do it. i'd just like to see that style in person thats all.

w00tw00t111
06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Your just getting ready for when JDM fades out and the EDM craze comes out right? tee hee

carotman
06-02-2005, 02:00 PM
There was a JDM Accord with fixed lights. The corner lights looked better than the JDM version I think

Busted_Blue
06-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Your just getting ready for when JDM fades out and the EDM craze comes out right? tee hee

it's already started with the rear fog light craze at the moment.

snoopyloopy
06-06-2005, 07:19 PM
i wouldn't mind a conversion myself. i like how the accord looks with the fixed lights. like a big civic. and if you shave the emblems (or at least any that say "accord"), you'll definately get a lot of confused people coming up to you.

w00tw00t111
06-06-2005, 09:02 PM
it's already started with the rear fog light craze at the moment.
Rear foglights? What do they use them for?

88accordalltheway
06-06-2005, 09:36 PM
i wouldn't mind a conversion myself. i like how the accord looks with the fixed lights. like a big civic.
why would you want a big civic, those cars are for girls.... keep the popups, their the only thing these cars got going for them.

88accordhb
06-06-2005, 10:38 PM
screw jdm and edm, sall about mdm.

Busted_Blue
06-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Rear foglights? What do they use them for?

In deep fog, a person behind you can see your brighter rear foglight if your taillights aren't cant pierce the thick fog.

borrowing, thegreatdane's pic (if he doesn't mind)

http://home.tiscali.dk/uplort/Accord/16v-rear.jpg

see the two lights on the bumper? those are significantly brighter than the normal taillights. they are switch activated so it won't blind people when there is no fog. At least there is an option to not blind people. :bowrofl:

snoopyloopy
06-12-2005, 02:42 PM
why would you want a big civic, those cars are for girls.... keep the popups, their the only thing these cars got going for them.
because i like the look of the 4th gen civics which the accord does look like with the fixeds. i'm not totally against the popups, but i'd rather the fixeds.

P|eszczoH
06-17-2005, 04:23 AM
it is possible to convert from popup to fixed head lamps,
but it is so much work :/
U need whole new front end.
fenders, hood, grill, lights, and what is worse,
ant the "front frame" which pass from left to right fender
lights housing is so much different.

So it's not worth it. Or you work in a body shop and have ability
to do it all by your self.

snoopyloopy
06-20-2005, 10:04 AM
ahh, so it's slightly more than just get the fenders, hood, and lights put them on. or by "front frame" are you talking about the top radiator support?

P|eszczoH
06-20-2005, 10:31 PM
ahh, so it's slightly more than just get the fenders, hood, and lights put them on. or by "front frame" are you talking about the top radiator support?

no I'm talking about whole front end.
as i said even lights housing are different.
top radiator support is a easy thing, but I'm talking about the big part
with bottom radiator support, and lights housing, and hood opening mechanism.
and so on - this big metal part is just diffrent

carotman
06-21-2005, 06:50 AM
It's not worse than the JDM Integra DC conversion everyone does...

P|eszczoH
06-21-2005, 08:21 AM
it is still much work, and not a bolt on.
and when looking at $ its not worth it,
but its a personal thing.

gfrg88
06-21-2005, 08:38 AM
because i like the look of the 4th gen civics which the accord does look like with the fixeds. i'm not totally against the popups, but i'd rather the fixeds.
if you like them so much why dont you just get that 4th gen civic and save yourself all the work :dunno:

HostileJava
06-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Or you all could help him out and stop bashing what he wants to do just because it's not somthing you would do. I think the coolest and easiest thing to do, posibbly even cheaper then getting jdm or edm parts would be to pull the headlight assemblies along with the motors out, mold a piece of smoked acrylic in place of the current light cover, put a projector lamp behind it and cram it all back in there minus the motors and extra gearing.

lostforawhile
06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
i would just keep the pop ups, the other day i turned on my lights and a little girl told her mom" mommy that car just opened it's eyes!" one more reason to keep them. ihave rear fogs i made them from the side markers from an nissan station wagon from the 80's the housings are curved and fit the rear bumper on the hatch perfectly. the bulb is at an angle though. what i did was shave off the back of the light and install those led brake light bulbs in each one. i wired the running light and brake light part of the bulb together. for now they are wired as brake lights. the only other thing i did different was make powercoated grills for each light. they look just like the euro lights

b8er
06-22-2005, 11:51 PM
thats neat , you learn somthing new everyday , i never knew they had rear fog lights, i would concider doing that mod if we had more fog here, o well, mabye if i move somewhere

A20A3inside
06-23-2005, 03:16 AM
i think the conversion is an awesome idea. i have been thinking of different conversions to fixed heads myself and have come up with this one....how about the last gen RX-7 fixed lights? i think it would be hot. only problem is the cost of the actual lights....something like 3 or 400 bones for the set. and as far as bashing everyone's ideas....man it ain't right....i am sure that all of the bashers have had an idea or two shot down and are just trying to get retribution...hahahaha anyways....i am down for the JDM/EDM conversions.....rock on conversion nuts!!!!

lostforawhile
06-23-2005, 05:44 PM
you are all right, yea the fixed lights are ugly as crap but that's his idea,a lot of people think these cars are ugly but we know the truth :rockon: every one is entitled to his own opinion about what is cool. doing custom cars is a high form of mechanical art and there are no black and whites for art. if you don't like his ideas tell him so but respect his ideas also

POS carb
06-28-2005, 02:44 PM
now the rear fogs usually incorporated into the taillight itself... the Volvo's come with a 3rd "brakelight" in the left taillight, it looks like when you're following someone who crammed a bulb in the wrong way and the brake and parking light is reversed. I don't really like how it looks on the 3gee, they look like somehting you'd see some guajiro here in miami doing to his car, along with reflective tape and El Sol 95 radio station stickers :hehe:

lostforawhile
06-29-2005, 07:23 PM
i will post a picture of mine when i get my camera working i made mine look exactly like the factory ones from europe they blend in pretty nice not too big. useful here we get a lot of morning fog. i've got them hooked up as brake lights now,going to install an anti collision light switch from a plane for themhttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/78002.bmp http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/Image00023.jpg

SataniC
07-26-2005, 04:44 AM
my goodness....heyy....im a fixed headlighters.....that scratch my feelings a bit...hyuk hyukkk...actually last year i too was curious but only the other way round...i was thinking of converting my fixed front to the pop ups....but it didnt materialize...so im still fixed....but what i really wanna do now is to change the JDM taillights to the EDM/MDM watchamacallit....becos the JDM ones look a bit old...which is the opposite of what im doing to my car now....was hit by a drunk 4 months ago and the rear was damaged....didnt give a thought about this so i gotten myself a JDM taillights...darn...regretting it a wee bit.... :P

Im A Full JDM....

SataniC
07-26-2005, 04:46 AM
oops...double posting...damn connection....wonder how do i delete extra posts....teehehehe :uh: