PDA

View Full Version : XM Satellite System

Bobs89LXi
05-05-2002, 05:12 AM
I am wondering if any of you have or know someone who has one. I was looking at a unit the other day that connects into your current system. It sounded great at the stereo store, but I wanted to find out if someone has actually heard one on the road. I am getting sick and tired of regular broadcast radio with all the damn commercials and BS morning shows. There are times when I want the variety and convenience of radio, yet the clarity and sound quality of CD/MP3 without the hassle of having to change them all the time. I believe that XM is the way to go. This is the unit I was looking at. http://www.cartoys.com/product.asp?productid=5057&CategoryID=10154&BrandID=0&ProductTypeID=0

TeKKnoTeKK
05-05-2002, 08:43 PM
satellite radio would be great, infact my deck has it....I just refuse to pay 10-20 bucks a month for it.

87accordlxi
05-05-2002, 09:28 PM
ya bob, if you're willing to pay a monthly fee for it, then its a better alternative to radio. i prefer just sticking to cd's

Nighthawk
05-08-2002, 01:41 PM
If you don't mind spending the cash for the XM reciever and the monthly fee, then I'd say go for it. You get great reception, and you can keep getting the same stations wherever you travel too. Whenever I go back to my parents' house near NYC, I get the city stations. When I go back upstate, I have to switch to the local ones. It's a minor pain, but my radio only has 6 presets.

If you can afford it, go for it. I've read some technical articles on the system, and it seems like a good implementation. It remains to be seen if they can make a profit from it. Most satellite ventures tend to fail miserably. Anyone remember Iridium?

pearldrop
05-08-2002, 02:49 PM
I have a friend with XM radio and it is great. There is selection there that you just can't get on the radio and the comedy station is hilarious. If it was just $9.99 a month I would do it but it is $250 for the receiver even for decks that are XM ready. They also use ugly antennas that attack to the windows of the car. I wouldn't have one of those either.

JasonsPimpn89
05-19-2002, 02:20 PM
:super: if you want it, get it. The last two weeks a couple friends and I were hire to do some testing for Xm and Sirious Sattelite radio...XM rocks:bow: But Sirious sucks chuncks:ego: Xm's got lots of channels and great reception, the best part though...is they don't play the same song every 20mins, and some of the songs arn't censored!!Fewer commercials is good to, all in all...its worth it!

87greyghost
03-25-2003, 09:34 AM
I have it and love it wouldnt go without it!

jigga89SEi
03-25-2003, 09:55 AM
I've heard many good things about it.........I just think it's dumb to have an XM ready deck but still have to pay 250 bux for the damn reciever.....One day I would like to get it though.

AccordEpicenter
03-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Yeah people tell me its way better than sirius, all the articles ive read say the same thing.