PDA

View Full Version : Damn Moonroof....

kaltenacht
06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Well i was happy cause i thought i was one of the fortunate ones who's moonroof didnt leak. Well i got in car today and went to pull out of my driveway when SPLASH, i nice river of water came from between the metal roof and headliner behind and splashed on my back.. So after cursing for a bit, i looked up there and noticed a piece of cloth stuffed in the gap, so i assumed it was there for the past leaks... So now after it finishes raining I have to take out the headliner and see where its leaking from... Of course thats after I finish installing my new carpet that got soaking wet w/my back seat and the drivers seat! :burn:

Mac
06-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Have you cleaned out the drains lately? There are 2 in front and 2 in rear. They are clear tubes connected to black rubber nipples. After time they clog with dirt and won't allow water to drain.

Some people use compressed air and try to blow them clean. If you open the moonroof you can see the drain holes. This is where you can try to blow them out. Others use a stiff wire in the drain holes and try to push out the clog.

I find it best to get to the black nipples and take them off and clean the clog there. The front 2 are in the fender wheelwell. It is tough to get to, but if you look under the dash for a clear tube you can see where they go. The passenger side is a bit easier to find. The driver's side is by the antenna motor. The 2 in the back are in the trunk. Take off the plastic side panels and you will see them.

mouchyn
06-03-2005, 04:37 PM
and you don't have to wait until it rains to test it. a garden hose simulates rain quite nicely. :)

clean those drain tubes out and you'll be golden -- instead of feeling like you're getting a golden shower :barf:

b8er
06-03-2005, 06:18 PM
hm iv never heard of this problem, i guess iv been out for the loop for a bit, iv never had a problem with my roof leaking at all, i guess im lucky

cubert
06-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Well i was happy cause i thought i was one of the fortunate ones who's moonroof didnt leak. Well i got in car today and went to pull out of my driveway when SPLASH, i nice river of water came from between the metal roof and headliner behind and splashed on my back.. So after cursing for a bit, i looked up there and noticed a piece of cloth stuffed in the gap, so i assumed it was there for the past leaks... So now after it finishes raining I have to take out the headliner and see where its leaking from... Of course thats after I finish installing my new carpet that got soaking wet w/my back seat and the drivers seat! :burn:

i miss that...lol..quite refreshing