PDA

View Full Version : Power Locks Problem

Mike87accordlxi
06-03-2005, 05:30 PM
I have an 4 door Accord Lx-i FI, The power locks will lock all the doors but when I hit the unlock button on the door all I hear is a clicking on the passenger side of the car I think in the dash somewhere (maybe a relay?) but the locks do not unlock any of the doors, (girlfriend gets annoyed when she has to wait for me to reach over and manually unlock the car ehehhehe) anyone have any ideas?

Mike

mouchyn
06-03-2005, 05:43 PM
open one of the passenger doors and test the motor leads with a multimeter. if you're not getting power there, then you'll need to replace fuses/relays.

Mike87accordlxi
06-04-2005, 03:26 PM
You were correct it is the relay, I removed it and opened the case the circuit board is all corroded. I should have known since I had to repair the sunroof connections beside it earier. The cars electrical is a mess from all the water that was getting inside before I owned it.

mouchyn
06-04-2005, 06:17 PM
what was leaking water into the car? plugs in the fire wall or sunroof drains?

Vanilla Sky
06-04-2005, 06:34 PM
i have a new (used) power windows controller for sale... will be tested before shipment and guranteed to work

Mike87accordlxi
06-04-2005, 07:55 PM
mouchyn, It was the frigging sun roof drains, I ended up rigging up the rears drains and cleaning out the front drains, I ended up finding a ton of crap where the front sunroof tubes drain.

Those drains can rust the crap outta a car if left clogged.

mouchyn
06-05-2005, 03:29 AM
mouchyn, It was the frigging sun roof drains, I ended up rigging up the rears drains and cleaning out the front drains, I ended up finding a ton of crap where the front sunroof tubes drain.

Those drains can rust the crap outta a car if left clogged.

i figured. i'm glad you found them when you did. your car thanks you :)