PDA

View Full Version : My clutch exploded

895spdforfree
06-03-2005, 08:56 PM
well not really but its gone. I was going to lunch today at school and halfway to jack in the crack i floored it in like 3rd gear to pas a car and i did right...well i got to the light and when it turned green, it didnt want to go into gear. Well i then realized my clutch is FUC*Ed and yeah..

Well what would be the easiest way to replace my clutch? Im trying to do it within 2 days. I really need my car so yeah any tips would be great.
( i used search but i got lazy sorry)

895spdforfree
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
bummmp

shepherd79
06-04-2005, 07:46 AM
sorry, there aren't any easy way to replace the clutch. you would know that if you did the search.

snoopyloopy
06-04-2005, 10:17 PM
pwn

Strugglebucket
06-05-2005, 02:36 AM
well you can save some time by not entirely removing the axles. just pop out the inboard cv joints from the diff by turning the knuckles all the way to the right or left for each side and then kind of swing them out of the way. also, the radius rod doesn't have to be removed. you can unbolt it from the lower arm and it should have enough play to get the tranny around when you drop it. that should save a little time.
the only thing to really make it easy is practice; meaning you've done it before. the first time will always be kind of slow and tricky.

88Accord-DX
06-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Here is the link how to re-place the clutch (http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/clutchhowto.htm) .. Good luck with it.