PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Question

Legend_master
06-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Ok I hope this is not a repost, but I did search and could not find anything on the subject. Well I almost have everything needed to do the swap and I am comeing down to the time where I begin the actuall swap. Some questions I had to all you people who have already swapped a b-series motor into your car is this.

1. Did you use your factory Clutch cable?
2. Did you use your factory Throttle cable?
3. What is the difference in the PRI shift linkage and the Factory shift linkage?
4. (I think this one is still being worked on at the moment) What should I do about axles.

As for the axles question, I think I am going to get some 90-93 non ABS axles and see if I can get those to fit. If they are to long that will not be a problem, but if they are two short that is where the delima will coem into play. Thanks for any replies all help is appreciated.

P.S. Just so you know

OBD1 LS/vtec with USDM LS Cable Transmission. This is what I will be swapping into the car.

Legend_master
06-04-2005, 02:44 PM
O no I posted this in the wrong section, can a mod move it for me? :uh:

shepherd79
06-04-2005, 08:25 PM
you may want to try 2G teg axels with 3G accord outside CV joints.
it may work, but not sure.
about the shifter linkage, i believe you will have to shorten a little, it can be done very easy with cut off wheel and welder.
you can use stock 3G clutch and throttle cable.

SteveDX89
06-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Ok I hope this is not a repost, but I did search and could not find anything on the subject. Well I almost have everything needed to do the swap and I am comeing down to the time where I begin the actuall swap. Some questions I had to all you people who have already swapped a b-series motor into your car is this.

1. Did you use your factory Clutch cable?
2. Did you use your factory Throttle cable?
3. What is the difference in the PRI shift linkage and the Factory shift linkage?
4. (I think this one is still being worked on at the moment) What should I do about axles.

As for the axles question, I think I am going to get some 90-93 non ABS axles and see if I can get those to fit. If they are to long that will not be a problem, but if they are two short that is where the delima will coem into play. Thanks for any replies all help is appreciated.

P.S. Just so you know

OBD1 LS/vtec with USDM LS Cable Transmission. This is what I will be swapping into the car.

1. Factory clutch cable will work. A 2nd gen Teg cable cleans up the engine bay a bit tho since it's not so long.
2. Factory throttle cable is fine.
3. The linkage that actually shifts the gears is different. The ends are different. On the stock linkage, a long bolt runs through the linkage and the tranny part. On B trannies, there is a small pin held in with a clip.
4. Do what shepherd said for axles.

ICEMAN707
06-04-2005, 09:06 PM
looks like the b-series engine sits close to the driver's side frame. is there any room to run belts there for a/c and power steering? my car will be a street cruiser/show car. so those are a must...even at least the power steering.

Legend_master
06-05-2005, 12:28 AM
looks like the b-series engine sits close to the driver's side frame. is there any room to run belts there for a/c and power steering? my car will be a street cruiser/show car. so those are a must...even at least the power steering.

I think PRI had a piece you could buy that would allow for the AC and PS pumps. I bet you could fab one up with no prob.

SteveDX89
06-05-2005, 05:52 AM

You, you can run AC and PS. I was using PS until the bracket broke. The car is not difficult to drive without PS. In fact, I'm glad I took it out. It robs anywhere from 4 - 10 hp.

ICEMAN707
06-05-2005, 06:34 AM
...and you can use your stock a/c compressor and power steering pump right? that way you dont have to do custom hoses? just have to make custom brackets to line up the belts and proper positioning?

Legend_master
06-05-2005, 11:44 AM
3. The linkage that actually shifts the gears is different. The ends are different. On the stock linkage, a long bolt runs through the linkage and the tranny part. On B trannies, there is a small pin held in with a clip.

So I need to purchase a b-series shift linkage, but not TQ bar. Do you think the 90-92 Integra one will work. Also should I use the Half shaft from the 90-92 Integras.

SteveDX89
06-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Yes, use a B18A halfshaft. You will have to use some kind of different shift rod. I don't know if the 2g teg version is the right length. Nothing a welder can't fix tho. But the 3g Accord rod won't work. The torque rod is the same tho.

masterkillalw
06-06-2005, 05:34 PM
so how much do I need to cut off the stock 1990 integra shift linkage to make it fit? Or does any1 even know?

SteveDX89
06-06-2005, 06:06 PM
You have to figure that out for yourself. Let us know.

Legend_master
06-07-2005, 02:58 PM
You have to figure that out for yourself. Let us know.

Alright I have got one more for you steve, will I need to get a B-series Catylitic Converter or can I bolt the header up to the stock cat?

ICEMAN707
06-07-2005, 03:07 PM
I think a catalytic converter is just a catalytic converter. I doesn't matter. All you need to do is have a 2.5" pipe extension long enough for the downpipe to reach the cat. You can either weld it or use flanges welded in. Might even be a good place to put a resonator.

SteveDX89
06-07-2005, 03:20 PM
As long as your header reaches the cat, it will bolt right up. My header was short so I had to have a section of pipe welded in. I stuck a high flow cat in there as well. The B-series headers don't have flex pipes. They have those bolts with springs on them at the end so you don't have to worry about that.

Legend_master
06-07-2005, 06:41 PM
As long as your header reaches the cat, it will bolt right up. My header was short so I had to have a section of pipe welded in. I stuck a high flow cat in there as well. The B-series headers don't have flex pipes. They have those bolts with springs on them at the end so you don't have to worry about that.

Thanks for all the help, but I think all this info should be placed in the b-series swap info thread. It would save some time and space Im sure :dunno: :eatarrow: :lock: <------ My girlfriend wanted me to put some smileys :dunno:

ICEMAN707
06-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Hey Steve, what wires from the stock 3gee Accord harness are no longer needed and can be removed? I'm sure the wires that go to the vaccum box and EGR are some, but what else?

SteveDX89
06-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Hey Steve, what wires from the stock 3gee Accord harness are no longer needed and can be removed? I'm sure the wires that go to the vaccum box and EGR are some, but what else?

You'll have to look at the wiring diagrams and figure it out. PRI made my harness so I never dove that far into it.

superaccord
08-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Does PRI still make anything for this swap?

Legend_master
08-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Does PRI still make anything for this swap?

they went out of buisness :sadwave: . Everything has to be custom made, unless you buy them used.

superaccord
08-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Ah...What to do, what to do? Machine shop? hmm..

Immeraufdemhund
08-11-2005, 06:08 PM
am going to get some 90-93 non ABS axles

if your talking about the accord 4g axels dont even try. The shaft is bigger everywere. I tried that because i wanted to see what i could get to work with the 4g.

Legend_master
08-11-2005, 06:09 PM
if your talking about the accord 4g axels dont even try. The shaft is bigger everywere. I tried that because i wanted to see what i could get to work with the 4g.

nope, i was talking about 91-93 integra axles.

racetek82
08-17-2005, 10:33 PM
I used the stock 3gee shift linkages...but I lopped off the end plus about 1" of length. I then welded on the end from a newer shift linkage (Mine was from a GSR). Works pretty well, except getting into reverse is a bit tricky, some binding.....

I'll measure my PRI axles when I get the chance, but just a bit of info, they sit at the most jacked up angle on the driver's side. It has a tendency to eat up CV boots/bands. I see what I can do about it.

I made a full custom harness setup, using 3gee and B16 harness parts. The results is a plug and play harness in the engine bay, with an added subharness for additional wires (VTEC, Knock, etc). On the ecu side, a custom jumper harness was made to plug up to the OBD1 ecu.

I'll find time one day to gather all this together....if anyone is in the SF Bay Area, you're more than welcome to come check out my setup.

Legend_master
09-03-2005, 02:05 PM
1. Factory clutch cable will work. A 2nd gen Teg cable cleans up the engine bay a bit tho since it's not so long.
2. Factory throttle cable is fine.
4. Do what shepherd said for axles.

Steve I got one more question for you, Did you use the factory engine mount bolts or did you have to get some from an Integra?

SteveDX89
09-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Steve I got one more question for you, Did you use the factory engine mount bolts or did you have to get some from an Integra?

You can use whatever works. As long as it threads into the holes and is long enough.