PDA

View Full Version : prelude consol?

b8er
06-05-2005, 07:57 PM
just wondering if any of you guys have put a prelude consol into one of our cars, im talking about the part the goes around the shifter up too the piece that holds the radio and cup holders on some, my buddy had one kicking around and i think im gonna fidel with it and see if it will fit, but yea anyone try already?

netfreak
06-09-2005, 04:12 AM
no way a 3g prelude console would fit.. completely different design. havent seen the 2g ones though

b8er
06-09-2005, 10:19 AM
really, i hope you konw that im talking about the center concol around the shifter and the e-brake, im pretty sure it will go with some work, im in the middle of doing it, the hardest park will be to make all the bolt holes line up. il continue on with it and see how it goes, might be the first one ever!

A20A1
06-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I just call it the shifter case. The center console to me is the one where all the radio and climate control switches are.

Get pics when you're done, sounds like a neat mod.

b8er
06-09-2005, 12:58 PM
yea i guess the "shifter case" would probably be a better name, il try to get some pics once its all done

netfreak
06-12-2005, 12:16 AM
i'm assuming then you aren't talking about the 3g prelude console. considering i own both a prelude and an accord i can tell you the design is completely different

b8er
06-14-2005, 03:33 PM
now im not sure what your talking about when you say consol, im talking about the plastic type pieces that go around the shifter and e-brake plus the little piece that would go up to the bottom of the radio area, iv seen both and realize that i wont be able to just do a simple bolt on type swap, theres gonna be some cutting and whatnot ubt i was just wondering if anybody had everydone this before and from the kinda response iv got im thinking nobody has done this before or nobody has any idea what im talking about, lol

netfreak
06-14-2005, 04:42 PM
the accord has a big empty space between the shifter area and the radio whereas the prelude doesn't have that gap, so the preludes design has the shifter pretty much right in front of the radio and its all together in one piece. sure you could probably rig up the prelude console piece to fit but you still have absolutely nothing behind it. i should take pics to illustrate this....

b8er
06-14-2005, 11:11 PM
that is exatly what im talking about netfreak, some pics would be good to let other ppl know what im trying to do, i have the prelude pieces so its just a matter of actually getting around to cutting it and making it fit, to many other things on the go right now, but it'll happen