PDA

View Full Version : Experience with 16" tires

NeubJ
06-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I just need some advice from people with experience with 16" tires.
I had 15" rims and tires. The tires were Kuhmo 711's and didnt last very long. (especially with all the driving I do ) Even after the prelude arms were installed the wear was not as bad but still accelerated.

I have since sold my 15's and am looking to get 16's but dont want performance summer tires again. I went back to my 14 steelies with all-season tires (road huggers) in november of 04. They still show no sign of wear even with camber off about 0.5 and 0.8. or more I forgot. I have delayed getting 16's because of the tread life I am getting right now.

What 16 inch tires are recommened that will have long tread life from experience?
I have searched around but each tire company has different standards for rating tread wear.
Thanks for the help.

Vanilla Sky
06-06-2005, 10:58 AM
they treadwear ratings are supposed to be conducted by the DOT, not individual companies...

one tire that i have liked is the kumho 716, which is a high-performance all-season radial... inexpensive, easy to fine (most tire shops stock them in quite a few sizes), and they sem to last a long time... the set on mom's car lasted up to about 50,000 miles before they wore out... that's with a bit of an alignment problem up front... can't really complain