PDA

View Full Version : Pacesetter Exhaust

'89AccorDX
06-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Sup Guys,

Im new here and i have read alot of threads, but I'm not sure if this question has been asked before. Does has anyone here have or has heard a Pace-Setter Exhaust before i heard something about it sounding like a pissed off bee but i was wanting to ask anyway.
Pace-Setter is the only exhaust company I've seen that makes a cat-back exhaust for the '89 Accord.

If anyone knows please tell me or if there is another company that makes good exhaust that sounds good (a nice deep tone not the pissed bee sound)
please tell me.

Thank You

1987HondaAccord
06-06-2005, 11:10 AM
try searching. its been discussed several times.

I think you could get a custom cat-back done at a muffler shop for about the same price, and it would be better condition. Justin is making headers for our cars that look like they are much higher quality than the pacesetter. most people that get the pacesetter cat-back cut off the muffler, and put another one on instead. that would dramatically change the sound of it.

good luck and welcome to the board.

halxi
06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
racerx had it on his 3g, personally i dont like the look of the tip on it... its like 5" in diameter, way to big for our cars. Sounded pretty good though.

A20A1
06-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Get a custom exhaust since pacesetter piping probably wont last as long and you'll end up replacing it anyways.

If you have access to a welder
There are cat back Do It yourself kits on www.summitracing.com that are about $150 - $300. they are for domestic cars though. but I believe they had 2.25" as an option. And it's usually cheaper then buying U and J mandrel bends, angles, and straight pipe seperately.

Just remove your stock exhuast and set it next to your custom pipe to use as a template. The kits come with a muffler too... or some of them do. You may want to include a long resonator to lower the tone of the exhaust and finish it off with whatever muffler you want to lower the noise level overall.

'89AccorDX
06-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Ok thanks alot

SteveDX89
06-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I bought the pacesetter exhaust, a dynomax super turbo muffler and a bosal tip. Cut the pacesetter muffler off and sold it on ebay, then put the other stuff on. Sounds good on a A20. Pretty deep sound.

AccordNut
06-06-2005, 03:19 PM
yeah its pretty silent and deep in everyday driving, really good on the high end but it rattles alot...and yeah it will rust out in a few years so be careful

modu03
06-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Get a custom exhaust since pacesetter piping probably wont last as long and you'll end up replacing it anyways.

hm... mine was on my old car for three years... then the car was stolen...

my only problem with it was after about two years, the tip was rusted considerably... i've been tearing down whats left of that car and still don't see any signs that the piping is poor quality... the paint burns off, but there is only just a hint of surface rust here and there.

from my experience, the piping is made quite well... you should just cut the muffler off and replace it with a dynomax super turbo or something, and go with that

buy it already made instead of having someone make you new piping... less downtime

BASS_racer
06-12-2005, 12:01 PM
who cares about sound...what about performance? Will a custom exhaust add more HP than a Pacesetter?

modu03
06-16-2005, 12:37 AM
who cares about sound...what about performance? Will a custom exhaust add more HP than a Pacesetter?

a custom exhaust with the same diameter piping (2 1/4") will give you the same performance as a pacesetter exhaust... you can't get better than a mandrel bent pipe... and you probably don't want more than 2.25" pipe unless your running turbo

pacesetter = same performance as custom

just buy what's already made and ready to bolt in