PDA

View Full Version : carb?

civilude92
08-09-2002, 09:58 AM
when my car is warm it idles ok but it feels like it has no power. when it's cold it takes like 30 min to start, well it starts right up but b/f the choke lets go the engine must be fully warm. and it takes like thirty min. in my grandads truck wich is also carb when you strt it you wait long enough for the oil to circulat then you're good to go. any advice, p.s. i don't have much money and the has been rebuilt.:wtf:

shepherd79
08-09-2002, 10:20 AM
what have you done so far?
what did you change?
when was the last time you changed your spark plugs, distributor rotor and cap, spark plug wires.
just basic maintance.
plus try using fuel system sleaner. you can get them dirt cheap this days.

civilude92
08-09-2002, 10:41 AM
plugs and stuff are good. other than that it is completly stock.

A20A1
08-09-2002, 12:50 PM
Make sure the pre-heater hose is working... also check your coolant level

shepherd79
08-09-2002, 06:00 PM
have you changed the fuel filters?

ACCORD EX
08-10-2002, 02:43 AM
checkout the thermostat , maybe it doesn't function when cold

MIKE

civilude92
08-10-2002, 10:34 AM
have changed all fuel filters last night i snached alot of vaccum lines off and plugged them. it still has the problem but not nearly as bad. let me give you the background of the car i bought it about 3 years ago. it started messing up right from the start so i started repacing things about the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the starter and carb and header. about 2 years ago a truck on i85 was trying to race me so i floored it and ran 120mph for about 10 or 20 min. when i got off my exit the engine was knocking bad but i couldn't find nothing wrong soi kept driving and the main pully flew off. i found that the crank wasn't spinning true so i had a guy rebuild the motor b/c i didn't have time we'll he screwed it up about 6 times. and it still leaks oil. but i priced a swap jst some parts(engine tranny ecu etc.) from a prelude si. the junk yard guy wanted 3500so i said oh well. then my friends girl had a prelude with all the stuff and sold it to me for 3500. so i sold my 3rd gen to my girls little bro. well now he hasn't done any work at all since then. so he letting me drive it while he is in nj. so i get in and i can't deal with 30 min start up time and it pissed me off that he let the car get this bad.b/c isold him the car and thought he would love it like i did. i was a member of this board along time ago then it has been moved acouple of times. and i was thinking the car cold take a b16a so i asked on another board if any one knew any thing and they told me to come here and now i'm glad to find you again. you guys have learned alot aboutr these cars and thank you for sharing the knowedge.

civilude92
08-10-2002, 10:36 AM
other than getting a webber what vaccumlines can i remove i want to get as many as possible off this car.the one i took off seem to have givin it more power.