PDA

View Full Version : Swap Question

'89AccorDX
06-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Ok I'm sorry if i keep bringing up new questions, but the engine in my accord is locked up because my aunt run it without oil in it.

But the question is what would be cheaper thing to do? Should i go with a B20a swap for it or should i just get a stock motor and go with the swap later.

I dont have much money right now, so about how much would a B20 Motor cost. I can put it in myself so all i need is a flat price for the engine and tranny and whatever welde im goin to need.

SteveDX89
06-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Putting another A20 will be your cheapest choice.

halxi
06-06-2005, 02:45 PM
people are always thinking fantasy... not practical

if this is your only car to get around in, hell no you dont want a jdm b20 swap. Not only is it near impossible to find that motor to import, but its not practical. Something goes wrong, your a week away from any replacement part. Unless its one of those parts that fits the B20 in the US prelude.

A stock engine, bored out, port and polished, valve adjustments, timin adjustsments, all that stuff would get you more then enough power, and would be cheaper.

mouchyn
06-06-2005, 03:27 PM
agreed. getting the b20a into your accord will cost you at least $2000.

replacing your stock engine will cost you less than $1000.

A20A1
06-06-2005, 03:55 PM
I picked up a good engine for $500. :)

mouchyn
06-06-2005, 04:44 PM
yeah, i bought a parts car for $250. the body and interior were trashed. the car was bought in germany, so it had some EUDM parts on it. the engine had 180k miles on it and there was still writing on the crank bearings. amazing.

that engine is now rebuilt and sitting in my LXi Sedan with a rebuilt 5 speed tranny.

'89AccorDX
06-06-2005, 06:19 PM
well the accord isnt my everyday car or atleast it wouldnt be. I have an '89 nissan sentra and i also have a '97 Mitzu Eclipse.

Ijust like the Accord and want to see it run good and maybe go down to the stripe on fridays nothin special but just racing for fun. But i guess i could go with another A20 with some work to it or just try and rebuild the on i have its got about 188K miles on it so.
well thanks

AccordEpicenter
06-06-2005, 07:05 PM
I think you can do the b20a swap economically and well enough to be a daily driver. The only thing i dont like about the b20a is its complete lack of availability to get parts for it. Just ask adam and rob...

'89AccorDX
06-06-2005, 08:03 PM
ok for an H22 swap does it have to be a jdm H22 or can i just go to the junk yard and get a beat up prelude that has one in it that works fine cause i know a guy down here in alabama that has like 50 preludes and a bunch of them work great but they are either wrecked or no one can get rid of them so they brought it to him so can i just go to him and get one i got someone that can fab some mounts, so what ?????

'89AccorDX
06-06-2005, 09:18 PM
been thinking bout just going after fixing up my moms '97 Eclipse but i still want the honda to fix up but i guess i aint goin to do nothin too special just a nice swap or something