PDA

View Full Version : 4g reverse glo-gauges on my 3g lxi

3gmodifier
06-06-2005, 07:03 PM
for the longest time pro car parts.com had reverse glo-gauges for the 3g and i never got around to actually getting but about a month ago or so i decided to see if they still had it and they didn't :uh: so i called them directly and asked if they still had them or if they could give me information on the company that made them. and of course, no help from them. i started to look at the gauges for the 4g and there was a big selection and the design is very similar to the 3g. i went to the junk yard and pulled the guages faces from a 4g to compare with my 3g and all i really have to do is cut out 2 rectangles for the odometer and trip. that with some minor tweaking i believe it will work. i'm going to buy the gauges in 2 weeks so i'll keep you all posted on my progress.

3gmodifier
06-09-2005, 09:54 PM
any ideas or comments about that? :dunno:

mr eff
06-09-2005, 10:26 PM
sounds worthwhile. keep us posted!

PortugalFocus
06-10-2005, 03:50 AM
I'd like to see it if acutally works. I know alot if people have adapted 4g stuff to fit the 3g like alternators, springs, etc.....

LEt's see some pics if and when it works out....

Cheeseburger
06-10-2005, 06:18 AM
that would be wicked if we can use 4gs gauges. keep us posted

phrenology
06-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Just make sure the numbers line up on your tach and speedo otherwise the needle will be all over the place! I thought about attampting a glow gauge modification from 3g to 2g but its all way off so I just went out and got the older 83' cluster which is better organized and has white numbers instead of orange. If you are actually trying to swap the cluster from the 4g then be real careful that your electronics match up and you speed and tach may still be offset quite a bit. :D

3gmodifier
06-10-2005, 04:22 PM
the numbers on the tach line up identical and the speedo needs to be turned 1/8" and then those numbers line up as well. the only flaw is the fuel/temp, the two holes that the needles go through are higher than the 3g. so i either going to just move the gauge face to match or take the needles off and recalibrate them, i'm not sure witch route i am going to take at the moment cuz i dont have the reverse glo's yet all i have is the stock 4g faces. as soon as i can afford thegauges i will decide and complete it