PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up With Halogen Headlights!

HondaBoy
06-07-2005, 09:04 PM
ok, so i've had so far two sets of H4 conversions. the "diamond back" ones which got ruined by water and the ones i have now which are supposed to be projectors which they really arent. anyway, i have tried everything it seems as far as bulbs go. i picked up some Piaas, i'm not the slightest impressed! they look great to look at, but they dont shine as i would have expected. anyway, i'm about fed up with bullshit halogen headlights. i think i'm just going to go all out and get the HID conversion kit. if i'm going to do it now, i think i'll be going with the Sylvania Xenarc X6054 kit. i've seen them on the big semi trucks, impressive. so i think i am going to want to go with those. if i can get them for the price i was told, about $640 with everything included, i'll get them. anyway, if i do decided to get those i'll tell y'all about it. i'm sure i wont ever be happy with my headlights performance until i do the an HID conversion. i even tried wiring the headlights with larger wiring, but that didnt help. i suppose i could go with high wattage halogen bulbs, but i still dont think that'll satisfy my want for more light output. anyone else heard anything about the Xenarc conversions? i know my friend knows off road guys that have the Xenarc trail lights on their trucks. said they were bad ass. i tend to do a lot of night driving, so that's why i think i'm so picky about my headlights.

Busted_Blue
06-08-2005, 03:41 AM
I suggest you try out hella h4 e-code housings before you go over to HID. I noticed a difference when I switch from my ebay housings and so far I'm liking them. Even with the same bulb, the output was amazingly different. I am just using plain old Sylvania silverstars which according to many lighting forums isn't even that great compared to the European silverstar made by the parent company OSCRAM. (long sentence but its 5am woooooo) It's even got that cool cutoff line that those new projectors have. I bet with a higher wattage bulb + wiring harness, this could be the best halogen setup. Water doesn't leak through, so I'm glad.

I'm debating whether to get raybrig white sonic since alex (shepherd) seems to make alot of emphasis that they are the best bulbs. At 80bucks a pair, it is damn bank.

As far as the xenarc goes, I was told these kits were discontinued awhile ago. I'm not so sure whether sylvania researched the lens and reflectors and create a proper unglared hid setup. The biggest peeve of mine is excessive glare due to the fog that wanders around my city at night. I too drive in the night more than day and I do want optimal lighting. HIDS were far too expensive to retrofit properly and the plug n play kits would product glare that would hinder my driving in the fog. I looked into the kit but I always wanted HID projectors for the nice cutoff line.

also, i dont think it retains the high beam either since xenarc was created a bit earlier than those bi-xenon designs.

HondaBoy
06-08-2005, 10:03 AM
the ones i'm looking at getting are street legal, not off road. being that they are designed with a glare sheild. i've found how to remove it. anyway, it also uses an H3 bulb i think for the high beam instead of having the moving shield to make it high beam when switched on high beams. anyway, its about $610 shipped. i actually was thinking about the Hella H4 housings that have the ridged pattern on the lense. i know off road guys that have those. they do have better dispersion of light than "diamond back" ones. i dont think enough research and developement has been put into most H4 housings. anyway, where can you reccomend i look to check out the Hella housings? since the HID kit is, IMO, at such as good price i may order those sometime this week if i decided that's exactly what i want.

Busted_Blue
06-08-2005, 11:27 AM
i purchased my hella h4 housings from http://www.rallylights.com/hella/200mm.asp

I got the ECE version not the vision plus as the vision plus is dot legal and is garbage in terms of light output when compared to the ECE version. The one I got is HL79567 and is $38.46 each plus shipping. A bit expensive but I think it is the best housing you can get for halogen lamps.

If is it really with highbeam and glareshield, I say that is a pretty good kit. Why would you want to remove the glareshield? during bad weather, glare proves itself a big enemy. I learned that when my buddy with h4 housings without glare shields on his mr2 and I went to a mountain road in the fog. I drove his MR2 and I couldn't see shit but fog in front of me. When I drove my car on the road, I could see clearly with my lowbeams because of the design of the cutoff in the hella housings. If you do drive in bad weather alot, I don't suggest the glare shield being removed.

Where are you looking at this price of $610 shipped? I'm curious at the kit just because it's another option for better lighting. Basically I'm almost at the limit of halogen and the next step is really HID. HIR is going out of fase. HIR is basically a 55watt halogen that outpuits like a 120watt and that is going out of trend because of HID being standard on so many cars.

ICEMAN707
06-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Get the Raybrig 5000k bulbs, not the cheap wannabes. Raybrig is worth it. Also change your housings like Busted Blue said. Those cheap ebay ones have no engineering in them whatsoever. They are just plain garbage. Get the Hella ones.

qh187
06-08-2005, 06:02 PM
640 is way too much to spend on HIDs.

get some of these
http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/Headlights-x1010.htm

I can hook you up for a bit cheaper. PM me if interested.

Busted_Blue
06-08-2005, 06:39 PM
well..that doesn't solve his problem really. It is adding lighting to the front and I think he is into replacing his headlamps with something. As far as HID foglights, they don't illuminate the road the way headlamps were designed to. Foglights were made to just aim at the floor and what is around it and not actually replace headlights.

HondaBoy
06-08-2005, 07:56 PM
i thought about those driving lights. i have also seen those on a few trucks. this lifted F350 has those, i've seen him running around with just those on. they light up the road pretty good. but anyway, my total is $608.90 for the X6054 conversion. i thought i'd give it more thought, but i was driving around a bit ago and even though my headlights are fairly bright, i still have an urge to get the HID conversion. i can find cheaper deals on H4 HID conversions, but they arent street legal and that was something i was going for since i do a lot of night time driving. like i said i'm just plain fed up with the headlights i've had and have now. i probley could have bought these a long time ago and not wasted all the money i have. i'm going to order them right now. technically i cant because i'll need to send in either a check or money order. they unfortunately dont take a credit card on orders over $500. anyway, if i'm not happy with these after i get them, then i'll just say screw messing with headlights on my car. i'm sure i wont be dissatisfied though. i've wanted an HID conversion since i got the car over 3 years ago. i only know of 2 members that have HID's on their cars. Paul Aerodeck86 and hondaman87. i think they both still have the cars. dont think paul sold the aerodeck yet. i'd keep it if i were him.

ok, now i just need the money order. i'd expect to get the kit in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks if i send it out tomorrow. well, there's something to look foward to.

qh187
06-09-2005, 04:43 AM
seriously the x6054 sucks ass. You won't be satisfied. I've heard many bad reviews. Its in no way worth 600. You're wasting your money. There are many cheaper ways to get better lighting than the x6054.

HondaBoy
06-09-2005, 08:21 PM
i dunno, what i've seen with them on trucks they look pretty nice. wide and long range brightness. the company i was ordering from said they are out of stock. i was going with them because they were cheaper priced, i'm going to see about another place tomorrow. oh, and what does it mean when you say they suck ass? maybe they dont look as stylish as "diamond back" ones. anyway, if you can show me some bad reviews i'd like to see them. i found the euro hella H4 conversions. being that they are "euro", are they going to light the left side better than the right side? like how i remember this guy was showing me how his JDM headlights on his integra werent all that great because they lit the left side of the road more than the right side being they drive on the left side of the roads. anyway, i may get the hellas if i cant get the HID conversion right quick.

PortugalFocus
06-10-2005, 03:58 AM
When I had my 3G I picked up a set of Pilot H4 Housings for about $50. They had "city lights" in them and they were a nice huskey glass housing. They never leaked, never fogged up and they were awesome. I never took them out when the car got scrapped. I reccomend them. The bulbs I used were APC Super Blues. I was very impressed with them. I had them for quite sometime and I finally got Syvania Silverstars and I like them very much more, because htey aren't ricey blue, a nice pure white light, and they have lasted for a while and aren't that expensive. I have them in my Focus and my wife's Sable.

PortugalFocus
06-10-2005, 04:03 AM
here's the link:
http://www.pilotautomotive.com/pilot2jc.htm

http://www.pilotautomotive.com/2ge1.jpg

qh187
06-10-2005, 04:13 AM
i dunno, what i've seen with them on trucks they look pretty nice. wide and long range brightness. the company i was ordering from said they are out of stock. i was going with them because they were cheaper priced, i'm going to see about another place tomorrow. oh, and what does it mean when you say they suck ass? maybe they dont look as stylish as "diamond back" ones. anyway, if you can show me some bad reviews i'd like to see them. i found the euro hella H4 conversions. being that they are "euro", are they going to light the left side better than the right side? like how i remember this guy was showing me how his JDM headlights on his integra werent all that great because they lit the left side of the road more than the right side being they drive on the left side of the roads. anyway, i may get the hellas if i cant get the HID conversion right quick.

well i meant the output isn't that great. You can get much better lowbeam output for cheaper. That's why it was discontinued by Sylvania. If you buy the euro hella conversions and stick hids in there it'll probably run you close to $400 total. Euro housings will light up the right side much better. JDM lights up the left side because its meant to be on a RHD car. EDM cars are most of the time LHD just like here.

Do you use highs a lot? If you do the x6054 might be your only option but with good hids on you rarely need highbeams.

HondaBoy
06-10-2005, 09:54 AM
i rarely use my high beams. when looking for an HID kit, i wasnt really looking for a hi/low set up. just a low beam would be fine because i can just put some driving lights set to work as high beams. the X6054 i guess is not what i'm going to get. they only have a few parts for them left in stock and arent complete. they are going to be used for extra parts for people who need them i guess. anyway, they were telling me about some REAL projector kits. i had seen them and they look quite decent on light output. they are a bit more. they said they are waiting for the ballasts to complete their kits. also they are DOT and SAE approved! something i look for being i want a funtional daily night time driver. they are going to call me when they get the kits complete. they will use a Phillips bulbs, i think they are D2R's. i'll find out i guess. anyway, i should find out pretty soon whats up with that. so i guess i'll have to wait a little longer. guess this is basicly what i'll be getting. looks like a quality kit, must be since its DOT approved. some are just SAE approved, but are still not street legal. like the projector driving lights i have right now, they are SAE approved but not DOT and arent exactly street legal. they have significantly less upper glare than my old rectangular ones, very little unless you are at a low position like sitting on the ground.
http://www.brightheadlights.com/coming/XP6054-1.JPG

qh187
06-10-2005, 10:08 AM
I think i saw that kit somewhere for $1k. Isn't that the price for them? Very expensive. That's how much i bought my car for...lol

Why don't you just make your own? Its not very hard. I'm in the process of doing so. I won't have highs but i haven't had them for the past 2 yrs (wiring screwed up). I don't use them anyways.

HondaBoy
06-11-2005, 07:02 PM
the only thing hard about making them would be having them set at the right angle inside the housings. and finishing them to look decent might be a problem. they quoted me $899, $12 + for s&h. they called me back to say they have a new black housing finish. that was actually an idea i had if i was going to make my own projector H4 type ones. again, mounting the projectors was an issue i had. anyway, this is something i really want, not just something i'd kinda like to have.

Busted_Blue
06-11-2005, 10:42 PM
well i meant the output isn't that great. You can get much better lowbeam output for cheaper. That's why it was discontinued by Sylvania. If you buy the euro hella conversions and stick hids in there it'll probably run you close to $400 total. Euro housings will light up the right side much better. JDM lights up the left side because its meant to be on a RHD car. EDM cars are most of the time LHD just like here.

Do you use highs a lot? If you do the x6054 might be your only option but with good hids on you rarely need highbeams.
'
The reason why sylvania discontinued was because regulations are pursuing to remove plug n play kits for cars in the market.

I've already calculated to euro housings + hid is about 500bucks.
$90 for ECE housings, $250-300 for OEM Hella ballast + bulbs, $50 for Casper h4 adapters. Even with this setup there is glare and no highbeam! The glare is not pleasant and the HID beam is crap with plenty of hot spots.

There is best setup is an OEM retrofit of projectors with probably can run up to $1000+. It involves alot of custom work and if I really wanted to, I would probably do it. I just don't have the heart to spend $1000 on just lighting. Especially when the car retails now for $2300.

HondaBoy
06-12-2005, 11:12 AM
most of y'all know me for being so touchy on lighting for my car and stuff. so i'm sure you can see me spending the money for a nice upgrade. i know a lot of people dont understand why i'd want to spend this much, but its a big deal to me to have the best i can get while still being in legal lines. every night i drive i want better lighting. so i never forget about this subject. are these the hella housings y'all would say? they are called vision plus, has the replaceable bulb. the other ones are the E code ones i guess, maybe the E codes put out more light?
http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_usa/ProductsServices/Images/visionplus.jpg

Busted_Blue
06-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Hondaboy,

here is a quote between the differences of ECE and vision plus.

The Differences between ECE Hella and Vision Plus headlamps.

There are four basic differences between a Vision Plus (DOT Approved) and a Hella Euro Conversion.

First is in the lighting pattern. For us in the US the regulations date from the 50's. The US DOT mandates a dispersed pattern that puts a percentage of the light output UP and to both sides of the road so that overhead or roadside signs, which may not have other lighting or reflective characteristics, are lit for you.

The European standard allows all the light to go on the road - they have a law that any overhead or roadside sign has to have it's own, independent lighting or must be highly reflective. So not only is there more light on the road with your low-beams, the high-beams are more precise as well. There is also a triangle of light on the right side to light up roadside signs. Lamps sold in places where they drive on the left side of the road, like England and Japan, have that triangle on the left side.

The effect is that the Euro lights actually put more light on the road for you to drive with, and offend oncoming traffic MUCH LESS because of the sharp cutoff in the lighting pattern. And all of this with the same wattage lamps as in the US.

That's on low beam. Because of the low-beam requirements and the way that screws up the lens and reflector design, it's impossible to get a good high beam. Although the Vision Plus is substantially better than your typical off-the-shelf sealed beam, it's performance falls short of the Hella Euro Conversion.

The second difference is that DOT also required that the lamp have the three Aiming Lugs on the face of the lens. This requirement was dropped in the 2000 DOT Standard when visual aiming was approved. The Vision Plus lamps still have the Aiming Lugs, E-code lamps do not.

Third, the lamp must have DOT molded into the face to confirm that it meets DOT. E-code lamps have E1 molded into the lens.

Fourth, the lamp must not have more than 60 watts on high beam and 55 watts on low beam. The Vision Plus comes with a 60/55w H4/HB2 bulb in it in order to meet the DOT standard. The E-code lamps have no bulb because there are many variations in wattage and color available. It is not recommended to put a higher wattage bulb in a Vision Plus because the light pattern could dazzle oncoming traffic.

If you can upgrade to the Hella Euro conversions, then this is the least expensive, easiest and most beneficial upgrade you can make to your forward lighting.

ECE > Vision Plus

HondaBoy
06-12-2005, 01:33 PM
thanks for that, i dont remember seeing that. anyway, i'll still think about getting those E code hellas if i cant soon get a complete HID kit that i want.

Busted_Blue
06-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I can tell you from personal experience that with halogen lighting, this is basically the best I've had. It even surpass some of the new hondas out there in terms of light output on the road (not meaning distance but the road is more well lit)

There is one thing that bugs me a bit. When I'm going on a road with many elevation changes, the low beam cutoff doesn't light up certain areas where I would like it to be. Like if I'm going downhill and about to go uphill again. I can't see what is coming up next on the uphill because the cutoff is pointed down. New cars have an advantage with their hids that have auto level adjusting to point up to shine light when the car is pointed downward and point downward when the car is pointed upward. I wish there was an option to have level adjusting.

Probably won't matter to you since you live in Texas, though. Beyond that, I love these headlights. The step up from this is better bulbs since I have silverstars only, and after that it is HID. Right now I am satisfied with my light setup. I drive almost always at night if you noticed my photoshoots are always at night. I always drive on mountain roads where lighting is crucial too.

You can't go wrong with the Hella ECE. I debated for awhile if I should spend nearly $90 on just housings alone. Now that I did make that decision, I have no regrets because they are well worth the money.

carotman
06-12-2005, 03:52 PM
I had the BOSCH housing a while back. I wish I had kept those. The Diamondback aren't that bad but the BOSCH were better

Busted_Blue
06-12-2005, 05:30 PM
I had the BOSCH housing a while back. I wish I had kept those. The Diamondback aren't that bad but the BOSCH were better

Bosch housings are pretty good too and is up to par with hella.

HondaBoy
06-12-2005, 09:05 PM
while we're on the topic of E code lights, how about these. they are Prelude fog lights. i took the yellow caps out because one was broken inside. i pulled the lenses off too so i can clean them up some. i tested them out. they work nice to produce a wide and long beam beyond right infront of the car. i think these would be nice out of all the lights i have to be used with HID. they produce very low glare, i tested them with 50 watt and 130 watt bulbs. i think the low glare is due to the glare shields inside. i'll probley see how they shine with out the glare shield, its easily rivited back in. i'll probley take it out anyway when i clean them up. anyway, i guess they are E codes? they say E4, no DOT stamping, but it does have an SAE stamp. anyways, i've been meaning to clean these up for some time. just remove the rust and paint the metal that isnt part of the reflector to protect them. they have a nice cut off thats pretty flat. but like i said it doesnt illuminate really right infront of the car, but a bit beyond. anyone have these?
http://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_419504d1.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_1db73b2d.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_9d0e28ad.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_9957d787.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_5e199495.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_3047725e.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_f30ed1e1.jpg

***FOR BIG PIX***
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/419504d1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/1db73b2d.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/9d0e28ad.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/9957d787.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/5e199495.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/3047725e.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/f30ed1e1.jpg

Busted_Blue
06-13-2005, 12:36 AM
basically europeans have e codes for which standards they comply with.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/codes/codes.html

E4 is compliant with netherlands. SAE really means nothing much because if it isnt dot approved, it isn't road legal. I don't care too much as it isn't something I would get pulled over for since they still comply with E-codes at least and are underlooked to the normal person.

on a side note about the lude fogs, I want them! =P

HondaBoy
06-13-2005, 09:48 AM
i got these off a 3rd gen US prelude, but made in japan. maybe that has something to do with which bumper and fog lights it had? the other bumpers had the fog lights integrated in kind with the bumper blinkers.

fobia assassin
06-13-2005, 11:57 AM
hey i was thinking about gettin some HID lights too. what u think about this one. http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/higblubeam75.html

HondaBoy
06-13-2005, 08:40 PM
that's ok, but if your just going with a simple plug and play one go for something with phillips components. especially when your spending a good amount of money. only thing about that one you showed is they say its not for sale in the US, but for export only. WTF is with that? i wonder if you can get them? anyway, there's many more site with good kits. only thing is they arent quite legal, they make so much upward shining glare that they are going to possibley blind oncomming drivers, not literally but you know. the kit i'm getting includes new projectors in a 6054/H4 type housing, so it is nothing to install. plus they are more plesant for other drivers and they have a nice long and wide beam that doesnt have a bunch of bright spots or dark spots. more of an even beam than a reflector headlight. i've so far decided to go with brightheadlights-hid.com on my order. you should check them out, they have some reasonablely priced kits from Catz and some other ones. i'd recommend calling first and ask about their products. only bad thing is they are opened M-F 9-5 only, that's my only gripe because between those times i'm at work. if they were opened on saturday that'd be great for me since i dont work on the weekend. i use my lunch break for calling them. i think they are out of Charlotte, but i dont know if its north carolina or west virginia.

qh187
06-14-2005, 06:36 AM
hondaboy has the right idea. Props to you. its good to see people actually educated about lighting. Some boards are like "10000k bulbz are the best!" and when you try to teach them right they get all mad.

fobia assassin: Stay away from aftermarket kits. They usually cause nothing but trouble. They just don't have the quality control that Sylvania, Philips, Hella, and Bosch have. Also keep in mind the higher you go in kelvin the less light you output. Anything above 6000k, you lose so much lighting performance. Even 6000k is stretching it. 4100k-4300k OEM bulbs will give you the best HID performance.

qh187
06-14-2005, 06:37 AM
By the way, if anyone wants the x1010 Sylvania HID driving lights let me know. I can get a good price. Just for my fellow 3geez members. :)

fobia assassin
06-14-2005, 08:31 PM
http://www.thexenonstore.com/prolumen_products.htm

HondaBoy
06-14-2005, 08:38 PM
that one's a little better, thats actually not a bad price there. i'd like to know the shipping on that one. i'd say 4100K-5200K kits are the way to go, dont go over that kelvin rating because its not as functional. i think my kit will have 4100K bulbs included. i think i can kind of customize my order anyway. but yeah, the high K outputs do look really nice but arent good for most road conditions. the higher ones are good for like snow and light colored sand driving, but not too great on black colored roads.

jigga225
06-15-2005, 02:27 PM
i got mine wayy back from www.midnightmoose.com... they've been pretty good and no problems in the 3 years i've had em

HondaBoy
06-16-2005, 08:40 PM
hey jigga225, what did you get from midnightmoose? an HID kit or the H4 conversions? i looked for the hella or bosch H4 conversions, but didnt see them on there. anyway, i'm still set on the damn expensive HID kit. as for those prelude fog lights, i cleaned the rust off of them. cleaned up the glass lenses, painted the parts where rust was and had been sanded to the metal. then i put the lenses on yesterday. i put them on with some black RTV sealant. that stuff is the shit! i've found it to work really well on headlights and other lights since it holds up to high heat and sticks to anything, metal or glass alike. today i put some more sealant on the edges just to make sure it was good to go. put the bulbs in and assembled them in their pod things. i took my bumper off to put the prelude mounts back on, i find that easier than taking just the cover off the bumper. i put my 100 watt bulbs in them. hooked everything up, aimed them and now they are good to go. they shine pretty wide, so now i can see off to the sides better. they actually do shine off infront of the car aways. them with my headlights is better than the projectors or the rectangular fogs i had on. they do kind of have a hot spot sort of in the middle, but its more spread out and thats what i was looking for. anyway, they do a good job. if y'all remember i used to have 130 watt bulbs in my projectors, but they dont seem to last very long. their life span is fairly short. they lasted me a few months. my 55 watts lasted forever, i still have all my original 55 watt ones. and my 100 watt ones are the same ones i've had for a while. they are a lot cheaper than the 130 watt ones, but they arent as bright. i'll take some pix of the fog lights on my car soon. they look rather stockish, i guess so since they came off a prelude. they hardly have any glare to them, so thats good also.

Busted_Blue
06-16-2005, 08:43 PM
hey jigga225, what did you get from midnightmoose? an HID kit or the H4 conversions? i looked for the hella or bosch H4 conversions, but didnt see them on there. anyway, i'm still set on the damn expensive HID kit. as for those prelude fog lights, i cleaned the rust off of them. cleaned up the glass lenses, painted the parts where rust was and had been sanded to the metal. then i put the lenses on yesterday. i put them on with some black RTV sealant. that stuff is the shit! i've found it to work really well on headlights and other lights since it holds up to high heat and sticks to anything, metal or glass alike. today i put some more sealant on the edges just to make sure it was good to go. put the bulbs in and assembled them in their pod things. i took my bumper off to put the prelude mounts back on, i find that easier than taking just the cover off the bumper. i put my 100 watt bulbs in them. hooked everything up, aimed them and now they are good to go. they shine pretty wide, so now i can see off to the sides better. they actually do shine off infront of the car aways. them with my headlights is better than the projectors or the rectangular fogs i had on. they do kind of have a hot spot sort of in the middle, but its more spread out and thats what i was looking for. anyway, they do a good job. if y'all remember i used to have 130 watt bulbs in my projectors, but they dont seem to last very long. their life span is fairly short. they lasted me a few months. my 55 watts lasted forever, i still have all my original 55 watt ones. and my 100 watt ones are the same ones i've had for a while. they are a lot cheaper than the 130 watt ones, but they arent as bright. i'll take some pix of the fog lights on my car soon. they look rather stockish, i guess so since they came off a prelude. they hardly have any glare to them, so thats good also.

are they yellow still? I like yellow foglights. :D

HondaBoy
06-16-2005, 08:48 PM
no, my friend was hopeing i could have them yellow also like they were when i first got them. just one of the caps was broken, but i didnt try putting it back together. i'll try with some super glue i guess. taking the lenses off isnt really hard. just pry them off then seal them back. anyway, i can get some yellow bulbs if i want. i might. two of my friends shops have them. people thought my car was an AE86 when i had yellow fog lights.

jonrichert
06-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Bosch housings are pretty good too and is up to par with hella.

I've had the bosch h4 kit for at least 3 years now, and i must say i think they're great

Busted_Blue
06-16-2005, 11:28 PM
no, my friend was hopeing i could have them yellow also like they were when i first got them. just one of the caps was broken, but i didnt try putting it back together. i'll try with some super glue i guess. taking the lenses off isnt really hard. just pry them off then seal them back. anyway, i can get some yellow bulbs if i want. i might. two of my friends shops have them. people thought my car was an AE86 when i had yellow fog lights.

Alot of the AE86s around here in the bay area look at me when I am driving at night. Maybe it is the popup headlights + yellow fogs that catches their eye. They are soo dissapointed when they see it is an accord. :uh:

I got yellow bulbs in my foglights since I was too lazy to somehow coat the lense with a yellow film.

HondaBoy
06-17-2005, 05:26 PM
here's some quick pix i took of the prelude fogs on my car. they kinda match.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_93fe5051.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_7e9e0779.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_d612ab03.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_4750280e.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_99a7ba58.jpg

***FOR BIG PIX***
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/93fe5051.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/7e9e0779.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/d612ab03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/4750280e.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/99a7ba58.jpg

lostforawhile
06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
let me tell you about a st of lights that have at walmart i think they are cyber not really sure, these are the round ones now, they have an extra small bulb like a marker light bulb built into the lights , i replaced the blue lbulbs that they came with with amber bulbs and one is wired to the left turn/marker/ and one to the right. now at night they appear to have round running lights and when you are making a turn they alternate with the front turn signal bulb. you probably can't see them when the driving lamps are on but any other time you can. the driving lamp part of the light is wired to only come on with high beams anyway. i have round ambers for low beam.

jigga225
06-23-2005, 01:21 PM
hey jigga225, what did you get from midnightmoose? an HID kit or the H4 conversions? i looked for the hella or bosch H4 conversions, but didnt see them on there. .
My bad for not getting back at u. But yeah wayy back I got the H4 conversions, cause I wanted the blue hue in my lights. This was about 3+ years ago before all the diamond cuts and projector bs came out. I still use them to this day, same EageLite bulbs still working. It did however mess up my light switch because of the high wattage.
I just checked out the Midnightmoose site, they look like they're downsizing a lot due to lighting laws... so they dont have stuff like they used to.

I'm looking for real Phillips kit for my Legend though... Cant decide on 6000k or 10000k ricer purple.

peace.

POS carb
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
headlight conversions are tricky because if the optics are not exact (as is the case with many of these cheap conversion kits) the beam is getting scattered everywhere instead of being focused where you need it (think MAGLite flashlights, when you move the reflector in an out a millimeter or two you modify the spread of the beam by a foot or two

lostforawhile
07-04-2005, 04:14 AM
try these from summit they are made by hella too http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=headlight+conversions&N=0+308269&D=308269&Ntk=KeywordSearch here is the conversion harness from painless wiring http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=headlight+conversions&N=0+304711&D=304711&Ntk=KeywordSearch

87AccordLXsdn
07-06-2005, 08:56 PM
i have the h4 conversion in my car now but the little thing that projects out in the middle of the lamp broke off somehow, can i just get the hella ece lamps and they'll just plug right in and fit perfectly? or do i have to change anything

Busted_Blue
07-07-2005, 12:57 AM
i have the h4 conversion in my car now but the little thing that projects out in the middle of the lamp broke off somehow, can i just get the hella ece lamps and they'll just plug right in and fit perfectly? or do i have to change anything

you can just get hella ece housings..they replace the entire housing and you will need the H4 Housings..

Bige89accord
07-24-2005, 07:07 PM
So which ones are the best to use?

FyreDaug
07-25-2005, 06:41 AM
What bulbs do we have stock? (9004, 9007 etc)

qh187
07-26-2005, 04:12 AM
9003 aka h4