PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a shop?

89turboteggie
06-08-2005, 02:36 AM
Just trying to get an idea of what you look for when you are shopping for parts at a shop. Trying to start my own shop. Give me your ideas.

A20A1
06-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Well look for parts that someone with little to no auto experience could install or universal parts; lowering springs, mufflers, wings, intakes, filters... but try to stock parts for newer cars cause they will probably be in more of a demand. Are you going to focus on engine & suspension performance or engine & interior apperance / dress-up mods?

I personally look for parts that are universal like performance fuel pumps or exhaust parts. But I tend to make my own or modify things if I want something to fit on my car that normally doesn't fit.

I feel that a lot of the people out there wont upgrade things unless they are educated to do so... having a motor out in the open or pics of a motor for online stores and a list various upgrade and what they do will help convince people to do more then the basic intake+filter mod.

Plus I'm one of those people who will not buy a part 90% of the time if I do not see it represented clearly in front of me or in a photo.

I dunno what else to suggest.

AccordEpicenter
06-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Do your research, i buy from people with a good reputation, if you dont you could get screwed or they might not honor waranties etc. Ive never gotten burned on homemadeturbo, some of their guys like stealthmode and weirRacing etc have some pretty good backing there, as they should.