PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent starting Problem

MOSS
06-08-2005, 03:39 PM
I have had an intermittent starting problem for the past two months and i cant figure out what it is and neither can my mechanics. The problem: ocassioanlly (once every 15 or so starts) everything will turn over but not fire. I have replaced my sprak plugs and ignition wires and that didnt help...then i replaced the main relay to the efi system and that didnt help. Then I had my fuel filter replaced and the problem is still persistent. It idles high sometimes and even spudders on some starts. i think it is either a fuel pump issue or just a vacuum leak. What do you guys think?

Oldblueaccord
06-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I have had an intermittent starting problem for the past two months and i cant figure out what it is and neither can my mechanics. The problem: ocassioanlly (once every 15 or so starts) everything will turn over but not fire. I have replaced my sprak plugs and ignition wires and that didnt help...then i replaced the main relay to the efi system and that didnt help. Then I had my fuel filter replaced and the problem is still persistent. It idles high sometimes and even spudders on some starts. i think it is either a fuel pump issue or just a vacuum leak. What do you guys think?

Quote:

will turn over but not fire. :dunno: i think it is either a fuel pump

end quote:

well you need 2 things spark and fuel to start(actually 3, compression). try to isolate one or the other. Main relay is a good palce to start. I would aslo look for a code in the computer under your drivers seat.

wp

snow_man_20
06-09-2005, 04:44 AM
nevermind

POS carb
06-09-2005, 07:11 AM
probably the ignitor is on its way out... it's a little silver box on the distributor, jack one from the junkyard and see if it goes away when you change the part. A new one will probably have to be ordered from honda and it'll cost you a fortune