PDA

View Full Version : Got a new deck for the Accord. Really happy with it. :)

carotman
06-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, my old Clarion RDX655DZ crapped on me. The wire going to the deck to the faceplate broke. I ordered a replacement wire (15 bucks) but while I was waiting for it to arrive, I decided that I would just buy a new deck and install the Old deck in my daily driver (94 Civic)

I got the new Clarion DXZ755MC.

I really like the Music Catcher feature. You can record like 200 hours of CD musinc in it (no need for a changer) and of course it plays MP3s. I can change the display color to match the 3G interior and every single button will change color (not just the LCD display). I was hesitating between that one and the JVC but I chose the Clarion. It has 6 RC outputs (2F, 2R and 2 sub) and has an AUX input

The only weak thing about this head unit is the low voltage RCA outputs but I can live with that.

The deck wasn't cheap but I'm really satisfied with it.

http://www.clarioncanada.com/fr/products/images/large/DXZ755_l.jpg

BTW, Mine lights up green hehe

TheWatcher
06-08-2005, 05:32 PM
The only weak thing about this head unit is the low voltage RCA outputs but I can live with that.
Congratulation Carotman! Nice to see you are happy with the new HU. If you don't plan on getting amps, the preamp voltage won't matter.

Peace.

carotman
06-08-2005, 08:34 PM
In fact I do have amps. I have a 2X250W amp for my subs and a 2X50W amp for my tweeters.

I just raised the gain potentiometer on the amps and everything seems to be fine.

AccordEpicenter
06-09-2005, 07:20 AM
yeah the higher end clarion stuff is nice. Im not a fan of the low end clarion though.

Cheeseburger
06-09-2005, 07:28 AM
nice looking deck

Hash_man_Se_i
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Very nice choice, im a big fan of those new clarion decks, theyre really nice

w00tw00t111
06-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Looks really nice. Looks a little old school yet has new school flavor :) From what I have hear clarion is a really really good brand. Hope you enjoy it.