PDA

View Full Version : vent lever: reconnecting

Drache713
06-09-2005, 02:07 PM
the cable from my vent lever in the center vent area is disconnected, and i can't figure out how to reconnect it. There's that cable, another cable, the rod they connect to, and two black brackets and i have no clue how to set it all back up. somebody please explain how to hook it back up to me!

Drache713
06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
after looking at it a little more extensively, the two rods that connect to the lever that moves, 1 of them runs from the vent lever or whatever, but the other seems to be connected to anything. so i only have the one connected right now, problem is when i move the switch by the vents it doesnt move the lever all the way and thus doesn't open/shut (not sure which) the valve all the way. So can somebody please point out to me how to adjust everything so that the the valve opens all the way?

FyreDaug
06-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I'd like to know aswell. I havent gotten around to pulling my dash apart yet, but I have the same problem.

A20A1
06-09-2005, 05:04 PM
If you can remove the radio it makes it easier to see the cables, if it isn't sliding all the way something is interfering or the wrong cable is on the slider switch. If something is stretched out then you might be out of luck. I don't know of any adjustment.

Little posts slide thru the holes at the end of the cable.

POS carb
06-14-2005, 04:54 PM
the only adjustment you can make is by positioning where the clip grabs the cable jacket. I.E. if you set it too far in you may not be able to close the heater flap all the way
basically the clip needs to hold the wire so it faces the rear of the car and the up and down motion of this tab pushes in and out on the inner cable.

Drache713
06-14-2005, 09:51 PM
i got it all figured out guys, thanks for the input/help!