PDA

View Full Version : Broke vent switch/lever clip, temperature slider makes no difference, help!

Drache713
06-10-2005, 10:15 AM
hey guys. I was just taking apart the vents and such so I could investigate why the middle switch/lever between the center vents wasn't working. I fixed everything except there is a clip that holds the cord in place on the bracket attached to the vent. The problem is the cord won't stay secure and moves around because the clip doesn't hold it properly, so in attempting to bend it I broke it. Should I just go to a junkyard and find another clip or is there a better way to secure the cable down so it doesn't move around when I attempt to flip the switch/lever? Also, I took out the sliders for the fan intensity and temperature and I found a plug in for the fan strength, but I see the temperature slider attached to nothing, and when i slide it it doesn't change the temperature. Is there a missing part or did I forget something? Should I just go to a junkyard for all this crap or what, help me out please!

FyreDaug
06-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Keep it in 1 thread please. I didnt bother reading it

racerx
06-14-2005, 09:11 AM
my temperature slider broke once too, but it turned out it just popped off the top of the level that holds it.

i don't have a clip on there right now, and i haven't had trouble with it for more than a year. however, if you broke the post that the cable attatches to, I'd go buy new parts.

and i'm not sure what you're saying about your fan switch...

Drache713
06-14-2005, 01:22 PM
don't worry guys, ignore me, I've got it all figured out. Thanks for the help!

POS carb
06-14-2005, 02:27 PM
fyi for others:
the lever on the middle vent is the same design as the heater slider. It uses a cable system and if that clip is missing the cable jacket will move with the slider and nothing will happen at the heater. You need that clip (or some JB Weld) for it to work.