PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up B20 Saloon. (With JDM bits)

RCracer
08-09-2002, 01:24 PM
I have just been and picked up my parts car.
It is a 1988 4door with JDM front (no pop ups) JDM rear lights and a B20A with a 5speed. It has high milage 140,000 and runs weird. It wont idle it just revs between 1500-2500 in surges.
The A/C doesn't work and there is a strang noise from the cam belt cover. The engine is quite sweet apart from the odd noise and idle it runs great.
The drive shafts are worn out but the gearbox seems quite nice (no weird noises or anything) and what a gearchange (at that milage).
The clutch was slipping when I picked it up so I just slackened the cable and it got me the 60miles home.
See the For Sale section for parts etc.
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

A20A1
08-09-2002, 01:43 PM
Are you gonna fix and then swap the engine... assuming it doesn't rain :D

RCracer
08-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Guess what Mike it pissing it down with rain at the moment and has been all day.
The car has lots or body filler in it and isnt worth fixing so yea the engine is going in my aerodeck (with a bit of luck)
Probably with a carb :-)

1989 DX R
08-09-2002, 03:19 PM
Gonna be a screamer if you drop that B20a in there. I would love to see a DCOE B20a

Jims 86LXI HB
08-09-2002, 04:37 PM
Cool! I know a few of us would like to just run out and get a parts car like that to:D

MNLXi4D
08-09-2002, 06:06 PM
Can you post pics of the JDM front end?

shepherd79
08-09-2002, 06:11 PM
hey man, can you post the pictures of the JDM taillights, i wanna compare them to mine.
are you gonna putt carb on it or make it EFI?
what the gauge cluster looks like?
try to post as many pictures of the car as you can. we are thrilled to see JDM accord.

RCracer
08-10-2002, 12:55 AM
Pics of the car soon

ACCORD EX
08-10-2002, 03:00 AM
for how much did you buy it ?

MIKE

Thunderstorm
08-10-2002, 10:38 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hiya AerodeckUK,

Nice to hear you got the B20A2 Parts Car.
You mentioned erratic idling in your B20A2 Powerunit.
I may have the cause and the solution.
"Firestorm" developed a similar problem shortly after I acquired her from the previous owner.

It turned out to be engine coolant was not reaching a particular location in the top back section of the engine where the sensor for the auto-choke is located.

The blockage was caused by sediment in the pipe leading up to the auto choke unit.
The blockage on one occasion was inside the metal part of the engine just where the rubber pipe mates to the metallic section.
Taking this pipe off, and clearing out the metallic passage cured the problem.

Haven't had it since.
It is vital that coolant is pumped up to the auto-choke so that it can switch the choke off when the engine temp reaches the right temperature.

Also note, that noise you can hear near the cam belt might be THE cam belt on it's way out.
Check it out, infact, replace the whole belt. Please.
Previous owner of "Firestorm" neglected to do this, and ended up paying £700+ to repair the engine.
I changed the belt after about 45,000 miles.
It hasn't done 10,000 yet so I think I am OK.

Nice one Paul, hope your project goes OK.
Do you still need those measurements?
Not sure exactly where to measure from.

Paul Xavier Green.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

POS carb
08-10-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by 1989 DX R
Gonna be a screamer if you drop that B20a in there. I would love to see a DCOE B20a

i've got pics of accord si's 45DCOE-inhaling B20 but i can't load them to the server :help:

POS carb
08-10-2002, 11:41 AM
o shit, this would be why....

Disk Usage

Your account is currently using 66468 kilobytes of web space. Your current package allows you to use 51200 kilobytes of disk space.