PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: My Rice Cannon is Too Big!

Not like a rock
06-12-2005, 09:25 PM
I took my car for its safety inspection yesterday, so that I can finally get it insured and put it on the road. Turns out I need a couple balljoints and a rear brake caliper... I can deal with that, but they also told me that my muffler is too big, and I have to get an OEM one, eventhough they sell an almost identical muffler in the showroom (got it inspected at a Honda dealership).

They didn't say it was leaking, or polluting, or too loud. It is simply too big. Sounds more like a judgement of taste than a safety issue. I imagine that when I fix everything they will say that my car is too slow, too angular, and too eighties to be roadworthy.

it really irks me that my intake, ignition, header, springs and struts are obviously, blatantly not OEM, and that is just fine, but the muffler has to be stock.

Not like a rock
06-12-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm gonna get the cheapest stock muffler I can find and keep it on till I upgrade the piping. I'm so over budget on this car it is rediculous. My other 3G could have been AOM material by now if it wasn't for this money pit... but I'm too stubborn to give up, and I know it will be worth it in the end.

AccordEpicenter
06-12-2005, 09:39 PM
you need a decoy muffler

jigga225
06-14-2005, 02:24 PM
yeh man do what you gotta do to pass the inspections... then you'll have a year to do whatever you want. Just make sure you keep them inspections up to date... dont wanna get burned like i did. Tickets are money down the drain.

Not like a rock
06-20-2005, 11:08 AM
I got my stock muffler on today, its fugly but legal. The shop also replaced my rear left brake caliper. After about 20 minutes of driving, the right side rear brakes started to smoke. When I checked it, the rotor, the hub, and even my rim were all burning hot to touch. But I can still turn the wheel and push the car around in neutral.

So now I have no idea what's wrong and will probably fail my inspection again.

Why, Lord, why?

mr eff
06-20-2005, 09:52 PM
it's an imperfect world, door hinges fall off all the time!

... or something like that, heh (breakfast club). sorry man, hate to hear it when good cars go bad on you.

88accordhb
06-20-2005, 10:16 PM
throw on a cheap OEM looking turbo-II
you want him to weld an rx-7 to his exhuast?

88accordhb
06-20-2005, 10:17 PM
just realize this was an old thread.

Strugglebucket
06-20-2005, 11:14 PM
you want him to weld an rx-7 to his exhuast?
yes.

88accordhb
06-21-2005, 10:01 AM
yes.
ok