PDA

View Full Version : Horn Troubles....

MoeStylez
06-13-2005, 01:48 PM
hey, i just bought a 1988 Accord LX and i was just wonderin if anyone could help me...On the way home from where i bought it me and my dad tried testin out the horn...Didnt work...Anyone got tips or details on where the horn is...maybe even some pictures...i got a new one im gonna swap in but i cant find the old one...THX

AccordEpicenter
06-13-2005, 02:01 PM
in the front bumper underneath the turnsignals, take out the foglight covers and you can see them

MoeStylez
06-13-2005, 02:07 PM
in the front bumper underneath the turnsignals, take out the foglight covers and you can see them

Alright thx man...ill go check that out in like 20 minutes...if u got an aim ill tell u how it ends up...appreciate it

FyreDaug
06-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Ive got to get around to fixing my horn too. I dont know if a relay is bad, the connections in the steering wheel or the horn itself... or even a bad wire somewhere.

Let me know what you found out aswell.

POS carb
06-14-2005, 02:30 PM
check the cruise control wire under the dash first
then make sure the horn switch is grounding to the steering column.

FyreDaug
06-14-2005, 04:02 PM
I dont have cruise on mine. Once I get my car back, thats gonna be the next "mod"... a horn.

POS carb
06-14-2005, 04:10 PM
when I swapped my horns I noticed they sounded like sh#t because they weren't recieving enough power (probably shitty grounds) so I hooked up a relay to the pass. horn wires and used my old foglight wires to connect the two horns and to the fusebox and voila! My car honks with the authority of a BMW courtesy of Bob's U-pick :D
I also had Porche 944 horns, they sound kinda like stock but a lot louder. The bimmer ones sound, well, like a bimmer.

MoeStylez
06-14-2005, 05:01 PM
i got it all solved if anyone needs some advice/details on where the horns are i can help...MSG me on aim or something....MoeStylez14