PDA

View Full Version : Alternator installation?lol

NeoCloud
06-15-2005, 01:06 PM
It's me again,but please either just read my old post about removal to answer my questions or start a new thread about installation.Feel free to remove this if you guys see it fit,but I thought this would make a good thread since I never really have seen anything about either of these subjects in threads.

NXRacer
06-15-2005, 01:28 PM
i dont understand the point of this thread. . . . . .

NeoCloud
06-15-2005, 01:34 PM
i dont understand the point of this thread. . . . . .
I cant get the bottom bracket on the bottom of the alternator,it seems too narrow.Also there is a washer looking thing or hole-extension on the bottom closest(when ur working on the driver side)bracket hole.I dont know if it is supposed to be flush or sticking out like that,because the other hole that the long bolt(14mm nut)goes on is flush with the bracket.

NXRacer
06-15-2005, 02:04 PM
i believe the hole extension is there to compensate for any gaps that might be there. Just push the sleeve back in the hole and it should be ok. It'll slide out if need be.

jigga225
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
You should be able to get the bolts off, the had thing is getting the alternator from under the car. Some move the axle out of the way, and remove it then. Good Luck

NXRacer
06-15-2005, 02:47 PM
or you could save yourself a shitload of trouble and just pull it out from behind the intake.

snow_man_20
06-15-2005, 10:49 PM
or you could save yourself a shitload of trouble and just pull it out from behind the intake.

if it's a lxi or sei, If it's not FI, it won't fit, if you have a carb you have to drop the drive shaft.

88Accord-DX
06-17-2005, 04:28 AM

LoKo498
06-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Yea I got my alternater out both ways, from under the car & from the wheel well.
Impossible to get ot out from on top.

thabeana
11-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Yea I got my alternater out both ways, from under the car & from the wheel well.
Impossible to get ot out from on top.
not impossible, just difficult. I was able to do it...in under 2 hours...lol:rockon:

Poncho Villa
11-06-2005, 05:10 PM
I just changed mine this weekend (carbureted DX) and came out the top but first took the engine mount loose at the front of the engine (drivers' side of the car), jacked up the engine ~ 2 - 3 inches, and removed the alternator brackets to get them out of the way. It was a tight squeeze and requires having all of the smog stuff out off of the drivers' side of the intake first (I removed it already as part of the vacuum line removal mod). Having never done it before, it took me entirely too long to figure out but I think I could get it all done in a couple of hours with no problem now.

Deadhead
11-06-2005, 05:25 PM
makes me appreciate the 10 minutes it took me to pull the alternator out of the J/Y....

it was out of an FI car, but the one that i pulled earlier that day was from a carb.... that took me about an hour, 30 min to get the rusty bolt loose....