PDA

View Full Version : Combustion chamber welding

Slipknotcraig133
06-15-2005, 06:30 PM
I have a friend whos girlfriends dad is a drag racer. He has an alcohol blown car and run like 7's or something like that and he build everything on it. He really knows what hes doing. Well one of my plans is welding my head. I was wondering if anybody has done it and how much they had done. Are there any web sites about it or what. Thanks

Accordtheory
06-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Yikes, I can't believe someone brought something like That up on this forum! yeah..anyway, go to endyn's website, (endynracingengines.com) they have massive info on combustion kinetics and what the ideal chamber/piston configuration should be. This a very serious mod, and a lot of work, because the dimensions of the rest of the head won't necessarily be the same (cam journals, etc) after this is done. You'll probably have to re-machine every surface on the head. You're primarily after more quench and compression? that can all be done by altering the shape of the piston instead..

A20A1
06-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Openloop motorsports did combustion chamber welding. There are pics on the site and their site.

Slipknotcraig133
06-15-2005, 08:39 PM
yea i was lookin at the openloop website and i seen the head package they have and it was talking about the welded combustion chambers. I just dont have the money to buy that head.