PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Whats that? Another part to install?!

Busted_Blue
06-15-2005, 10:44 PM
As usual, busted_blue has thrown another photo thread for new parts!

Check out what I got!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DC%20Sports/IMG_5555Small.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DC%20Sports/IMG_5556Small.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DC%20Sports/IMG_5563Small.jpg

GRRRR!!!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DC%20Sports/IMG_5535Small.jpg

ok just kidding, you WISH (as do I) that this kit was for my car. Instead, I got a DC Sports Header installed. :lol:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DC%20Sports/IMG_5565Small.jpg

Thanks Carotman!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DC%20Sports/IMG_5566Small.jpg

say no to stock manifolds!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DC%20Sports/IMG_5567Small.jpg

What is that you say! It's installed!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DC%20Sports/IMG_5568Small.jpg

And for those who expected me to sell the header because of the EGR, here is proof!!! The egr fitting was extended far out more than my old one.

As you can see from this old pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/crazyxzer0/DC%20Sports%20header/IMG_2916Small.jpg

Definitely a big improvement over the stock manifold in terms of smooth revving. It still doesn't have the pep like mr eff's car that has a regrind cam in it. That should be it for now in terms of parts. I'm going broke again..

halxi
06-15-2005, 10:50 PM
i was gonna say, fawkin rock! but nooo, gave me false sense of hope... not cool, not cool at all :pc:

lol :P

Sweet deal, any performance gain? Sound change?

ICEMAN707
06-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Wow I didn't know dc sports made 2 different ones for the a20a3. Is the one for 2nd gen ludes slightly different or something? I dunno which version I have but it fits and has 2 O2 sensor holes also.

Busted_Blue
06-15-2005, 10:55 PM
i was gonna say, fawkin rock! but nooo, gave me false sense of hope... not cool, not cool at all :pc:

lol :P

Sweet deal, any performance gain? Sound change?

Sound changed. my car no longer is as deep as before. It got a little more honda rasp to the car which I like. It's not rice rasp but its got more rasp than before.

The car feels more responsive from 2,000rpm and up and the motor revs up smoother and isn't as rough from the WOT. I love it.

ivanfbi
06-15-2005, 11:07 PM
damn you, i thought more people went with real power, but no...looks good tho

halxi
06-15-2005, 11:07 PM
sweet, i wish i had money for a new header lol. Cat back on friday though :)

btw, kind of off topic from the header... but you really need to find a replacement for that foglight cover thats all chipped up lol.

ICEMAN707
06-15-2005, 11:10 PM
BTW, was that turbo setup for that teg in the garage? that teg yours too?

Busted_Blue
06-15-2005, 11:13 PM
BTW, was that turbo setup for that teg in the garage? that teg yours too?

No, that isn't my teg. It's one of my buddies and this will be our project for the summer. That kit isn't cheap and it is worth more than any of our cars. =P

ICEMAN707
06-15-2005, 11:17 PM
cool, anyways so how did you manage to get 2 different kinds of a20 headers? now that i looked at mine, mine is the same one you first had but i managed to pull the heck out of that EGR pipe to get it to fit. i didn't know there was another one that fits better. oh well. i might be selling parts off the a20 soon. it's sitting in the garage in the corner.

Busted_Blue
06-15-2005, 11:24 PM
cool, anyways so how did you manage to get 2 different kinds of a20 headers? now that i looked at mine, mine is the same one you first had but i managed to pull the heck out of that EGR to get it to fit. i didn't know there was another one what fits better. oh well. i might be selling parts off the a20 soon. it's sitting in the garage in the corner.

No Idea. Both headers were purchased from members on this site. The first one I bought was from DX_R or something similar to that name. I didn't want to bend the heck out of my EGR simply because I wanted to be able to go back to stock without much hassle. So I decided to sell it. I looked at the pics of the one carotman just sold me and it was an inch in difference on the fittings so I decided to take another shot and buy it from him. Works out all for the best. This one fitted like it was NOTHING. No effort involved, just straight bolt on and twist on with my hand. I was amazed and overjoyed that the EGR fitted. Took me 2 hours to install the header simply because the bolts on the cat were frozen and stripped from the damn muffler shop. Took me an hour to jsut get that one bolt off. I had to resort to using the impact wrench to spin that bitch off.

88accordhb
06-15-2005, 11:34 PM
noice

TheWatcher
06-16-2005, 12:00 AM
halxi,

Ha Ha! :lol: Now you need to update the AOM July nomination thread for BustedBlue to include the D C Sports Header. Voting starts 21st right?

Peace.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Damn looks good... i was gonna be pissed if that turbo setup was for you, that looks NIIIICE... but a dc header is pretty sweet too.

maxoutracer
06-16-2005, 01:26 AM
turbo i see....

Strugglebucket
06-16-2005, 02:10 AM
YeAH-uH. nice to finally open that exhaust all the way to the head, huh?

you should talk to darryl from openloop about getting a mild cam. i guarantee you'll love it.

Busted_Blue
06-16-2005, 02:12 AM
YeAH-uH. nice to finally open that exhaust all the way to the head, huh?

you should talk to darryl from openloop about getting a mild cam. i guarantee you'll love it.
'

Does Darryl even still do things for openloop anymore? I've talk to Gordon and Mike a couple of times but that is about it. Nothing about buying stuff since their shop really sorta closed down.

Strugglebucket
06-16-2005, 02:18 AM
i'm pretty sure he can still do work for you if you ask. the phone# at the bottom left of openloopmotorsports.com should be darryl's cell. their cam is made to their specs but they send it to a place called D. Elgin Racing Cams in redwood city to be made.

Busted_Blue
06-16-2005, 02:27 AM
i'm pretty sure he can still do work for you if you ask. the phone# at the bottom left of openloopmotorsports.com should be darryl's cell. their cam is made to their specs but they send it to a place called D. Elgin Racing Cams in redwood city to be made.

Cool thanks, will think about that one. Hey do they still do hybrid trannies? How much did you pay for yours?

Strugglebucket
06-16-2005, 02:35 AM
umm...(finds reciept)...$350 for the swap. $459 total including the parts he replaced while rebuilding it. guess it would depend on the condition of your trannys.

i got the teg tran from the pick-n-pull for like $100 or something. i brought that along with my old exploded diff accord trans and another non-exploded accord trans to use the clutch housing from.

carotman
06-16-2005, 06:17 AM
I'm glad it made to cali in 2 pieces hehe

IS the coating holding up well?

NXRacer
06-16-2005, 08:06 AM
i was gonna say, that turbo was a little big for a 3g.

headers are awesome. I felt a HUGE difference when i put in mine. Maybe justins are better then DC. :D

it took you only 2 hours to install it?? Must be nice to have a lift.

1987HondaAccord
06-16-2005, 08:56 AM
looks nice. You should come down to the SoCal meet and show it off.

Sabz5150
06-16-2005, 09:55 AM
'

Does Darryl even still do things for openloop anymore? I've talk to Gordon and Mike a couple of times but that is about it. Nothing about buying stuff since their shop really sorta closed down.

I agree with 'em, find an Openloop cam. You won't be disappointed :)

Either way, once you cam that engine, you'll have an ear to ear grin for days.

Busted_Blue
06-16-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm glad it made to cali in 2 pieces hehe

IS the coating holding up well?

The first time i started it up, the car started to smoke and stink! I imagine it was just the paint burning off the dirt and simple green I put on it to clean up the dirty fingerprints. It is holding up very well.

i was gonna say, that turbo was a little big for a 3g.

headers are awesome. I felt a HUGE difference when i put in mine. Maybe justins are better then DC.

it took you only 2 hours to install it?? Must be nice to have a lift.

I did this at home. and Yes it took two hours on NORMAL JACKS. I could've done it in an hour if it wasn't for that damn stupid bolt being stripped and frozen. I don't see why it would take any longer as there are only a few bolts to take off here and there and then replace.

mr eff
06-20-2005, 09:22 PM
heyyy congratulations! good to see that thing fitting properly in there. put the MSD box in my machine, so now we have nearly identical cars! fun stuff, D, good work!

Busted_Blue
06-20-2005, 09:25 PM
heyyy congratulations! good to see that thing fitting properly in there. put the MSD box in my machine, so now we have nearly identical cars! fun stuff, D, good work!

the amazing part is my car sounds more like your car now just louder because of the chambered vs straight thru design. Turns out that header makes a world of a difference in terms of sound. As for performance, your car still has more pep..so it means, either I get a cam or stay slower than you. =P

I even took off my front license plate to be more like you. :kekeke:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/IMG_5512Small.jpg

mr eff
06-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I even took off my front license plate to be more like you. :kekeke:

haha, attaboy! looks great. i still need to paint that front grill piece myself, i do certainly think it would look better.

any word on those brakes? that rear conversion would be both a nice handling, and appearance upgrade.

Cheeseburger
06-20-2005, 10:42 PM
haha when i saw the first pic i busted a nut lol.... the headers look good man

Busted_Blue
06-21-2005, 10:25 AM
haha when i saw the first pic i busted a nut lol.... the headers look good man

sorry cheese, busted_blue doesnt mean busting blues ;)

Hash_man_Se_i
06-21-2005, 11:24 AM
That pic looks good ^^ I want those window visors

Cheeseburger
06-22-2005, 08:49 AM
sorry cheese, busted_blue doesnt mean busting blues ;)

haha thats ok!

Busted_Blue
06-24-2005, 02:07 PM
That pic looks good ^^ I want those window visors

you seriously want them? I'll try and find a set cause there are sometimes in the junkyards.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-24-2005, 03:48 PM
^^ if you could that would be awesome... i need some

truetune
06-25-2005, 10:28 AM
GRRR!!!!!! thats great.