PDA

View Full Version : That sounds bad...

87_HaTcH
06-15-2005, 11:46 PM
I start my car on a normal bases, and i had began to notice that sometimes i hear soimething i dont like hearing. When i crank the engine sometimes the RPMs jump to 4 to 5 thousand. And the cranks get slower, it makes a harsh grinding noise and the check engine light pops up for 2 seconds. After 10 seconds i try and again and sometimes it does it a second time, it never does it more then 2 time before she cranks over and is runnning. This bugs me! :uh: I have searched for this topic nothin really close to my problem. I would greatly appreciate a solution to this. Thank you....
chris

POS carb
06-17-2005, 12:29 PM
i've had a similar problem and I noticed it seems the ignition is fighting the starter b/c when I disconnect the spark plugs it cranks normal. I'll let you know if I can figure it out. It can also be a bad ground or power connection

87_HaTcH
06-17-2005, 05:39 PM
When i bought the car i had to replace the starter, if was the first thing i fixed. I replaced it the day i got it. Yea it may be the ground, the dude that i bought this car off of said that a new tranny was put in it less then 10,000 k. He also said that they also replaced the battery cables.The negetive battery goes from the battery to the engine bay. I appreciate the info and keep me posted if you figure something out

thanks,
chris