PDA

View Full Version : mad messed up....... the 3g.

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-17-2005, 02:51 AM
well i was on my way to a concert my friends band was doing. on the way my temp. needle went up. i was just a couple miles away when it went to H. i pulled it into a parking lot let it cool down. got it to the concert at a local church as it was climbing up to H again. me and a buddy checked the radiator and it was basically empty. i had some quick fill and we poored it in, he looked under the car and it was just pouring out. there was a hole in the "skid plate" that's under the car. i've hit something i didn't see and whacked it good. when we poured it into the resevoir it was coming out, so i don't think it's the radiator its self. my question is, is there a hose that connects the resevoir to the radiator? i'm gonna get it towed to my mechanic today, if i can get ahold of him. i just need the question answered, don't need "sorry to hear" or any of that. sorry if it sounds like i'm a jerk. this just happend, and i've gotta deal with it. thanks fellas.

TheWatcher
06-17-2005, 03:22 AM
well i was on my way to a concert my friends band was doing. on the way my temp. needle went up. i was just a couple miles away when it went to H. i pulled it into a parking lot let it cool down. got it to the concert at a local church as it was climbing up to H again. me and a buddy checked the radiator and it was basically empty. i had some quick fill and we poored it in, he looked under the car and it was just pouring out. there was a hole in the "skid plate" that's under the car. i've hit something i didn't see and whacked it good. when we poured it into the resevoir it was coming out, so i don't think it's the radiator its self. my question is, is there a hose that connects the resevoir to the radiator? i'm gonna get it towed to my mechanic today, if i can get ahold of him. i just need the question answered, don't need "sorry to hear" or any of that. sorry if it sounds like i'm a jerk. this just happend, and i've gotta deal with it. thanks fellas.
Yeah there is a hose between the radiator & the overflow reservoir, you should be able to see it, since you can follow it from the reservoir from looking down from the top, IIRC.

This happened to me once with my 87 Civic, the gauge will register "hot" very quickly, if you paid attention the first time, you should have noted the area of the car that the coolant is leaking from, to help you locate the leak. Mine WAS the radiator, and I had it towed, replaced by the service station, and I was good to go. Of course, I pulled off the road immediately, I didn't drive after seeing the leak, so I don't know what your situation is, since you continued to drive it to the concert.

Peace.

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-17-2005, 03:29 AM
i didn't actually find the leak till i was at the concert. i listened for any kind of odd noises from the engine, to be safe, there wasn't any. i know where the hole, just not what is punctured due to the plastic skid pad. from how quickly the fluid came out when put in the resevoir it never had a chance to get in the radiator. what kind of a ballpark estimate am i looking at as far as money goes?

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-17-2005, 05:27 AM
i called my mechanic about getting it towed there and he said the best he can do for me is tuesday. now my car has to sit at this church till tuesday when i can get a trunk to take it over there. i'm so happy right now!!! i don't think the fun will ever end!!! oh well, i've prayed about it and asked that He takes it and makes it better. I can only rely on His strength.

88accordhb
06-17-2005, 06:23 AM
sucks, sorry to hear that nolan..

accordlxi2.0
06-17-2005, 06:23 AM
on my 86 the coolant reservior leaked, but i never lost any coolant.
hmm if you suspect that it's just the container and not the rad...i say go back, chack the rad. itself.

if it's just the reservior you could get one from a local j/y and put it on.....

frantik
06-17-2005, 10:45 AM
if you poured the coolant directly into the radiator and i came out the bottom then that doesnt seem like a resevoir problem

i just got back from the mechanics and they want 225ish to replace the radiator.

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-17-2005, 10:55 AM
i didn't pour it directly into the radiator. i poured it into the resevoir, and it came out as i put it in.