PDA

View Full Version : Last piece of running gear

Legend_master
06-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Well I have my suspention done and I have been preparing for my motor swap. I purchased this setup off of somebody from the forum for a good price. I am running drilled and slotted rotors with PBR organic brake pads. I will get some pictures up when I install them in the car.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/DSCF0050.jpg

Drivers side

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/fbf98905.jpg

Drivers side again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/9a344914.jpg

Passenger side

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/9243e349.jpg

Vanilla Sky
06-17-2005, 11:30 AM
cool man, looks good

SteveDX89
06-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Rear discs are sexy. I'll get mine on one day.

Legend_master
06-17-2005, 12:10 PM

They do look beutifull, I just hope there are no compatability problems with the 86 and the 89. I can't wait to get these mofo's on.

frankie89
06-18-2005, 05:21 AM
is it pretty complicated to do that project??? cuz im thinking on that also..

smufguy
06-18-2005, 06:46 AM
thats extremly good looking if i may add. The look of the drills and the slots look awsome. There should be no compatabilty issues since last time i checked, the knuckles were the same height. and also when i checked the part numbers, the se-i used the same e-brake cable as everything else, so idont understand why everyone buys the ebrake and the lower trail arm.

Legend_master
06-18-2005, 07:19 PM
thats extremly good looking if i may add. The look of the drills and the slots look awsome. There should be no compatabilty issues since last time i checked, the knuckles were the same height. and also when i checked the part numbers, the se-i used the same e-brake cable as everything else, so idont understand why everyone buys the ebrake and the lower trail arm.

Thank you I like the look of them to. If anybody is interested here is the websiteSE-i Rear disk (http://www.performancerotors.com/product_info.php/products_id/302?osCsid=8442789192eb6f18291ef172cd81afe3) . I had a little bit of trouble finding the drilled an slotted rotors, but the one I got seemed to be the best price.

Busted_Blue
06-18-2005, 07:26 PM

from my understanding the ebrake line has a different fitting on the caliper compared to the rear drum one. Everything else is not necessary but..hell, I figure it would just be easier to just get the trailing arm. A couple bucks over the time + effort I've save is damn worth it.

88Accord-DX
06-18-2005, 10:30 PM
I thought this "thread" was going to be some pics of some axles. Well, looking forward to seeing the final on that situation.

Legend_master
06-19-2005, 08:30 AM
I thought this "thread" was going to be some pics of some axles. Well, looking forward to seeing the final on that situation.

Yea I wish I was that close, but I still have some parts I need to get for my motor. I will just post up the whole swap when it is done.

Legend_master
06-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Added Pictures to Post #1 and it took me from 8:30PM to 3:00AM to Remove the drums, install the new ones, and bleed the system. It stops so much better then before, but the brakes feel a little more mushy then they did before. So check it out :rockon:

thegreatdane
06-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Looks good, I havent seen that way of drilling the discs before. Let's hope they last as good as they look :) But the mushy'ness shouldnt be there if everything is bled properly and all the brake parts are okay.

NXRacer
06-24-2005, 11:06 AM
word.

spades27
06-24-2005, 11:08 AM
my wife is going to kill you LOL that look nice dude now im going to have to put rear discs on my accord

nice work

Legend_master
06-24-2005, 12:54 PM
thanks guys, the hardest part of the install was the removal of the stupid ass drums. Once the pads and disk started breaking in the petal feels alot better and the car stops very well. The one thing I noticed that was weird is that it pulles to the right when I hit the brakes hard :dunno: . I guess that could be a faulty caliper or just the whole system in general. Thanks for all the replies

Busted_Blue
06-24-2005, 02:06 PM
You should've ripped off that stupid rear dust shield. I'm sick of it. I wanna get rid of it when I change my rotors and pads in the rear.

Rear disc brakes > drums

Legend_master
06-24-2005, 03:25 PM
You should've ripped off that stupid rear dust shield. I'm sick of it. I wanna get rid of it when I change my rotors and pads in the rear.

Rear disc brakes > drums

I actually had to bend that piece in so the 13's wouldent rub on it :uh: . I was thinking about not putting it on, but it makes the rotors look even smaller than they alread do. O and yeah Disk > Drums.

88Accord-DX
06-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Is there some kind of proportioning valve you need to have for that rear disc convertion? I thought I seen it mentioned. Where you get them rotors & how much where they if I can ask. Looks nice BTW.

Legend_master
06-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Is there some kind of proportioning valve you need to have for that rear disc convertion? I thought I seen it mentioned. Where you get them rotors & how much where they if I can ask. Looks nice BTW.

I got them from a member on the forum for $280.00 shipped from canada :deal: . I have heard about that the prop valve also, but I will have to wait on that one.

Busted_Blue
06-25-2005, 03:00 AM
is that the right way of putting on rotors? I thought the slotted line are suppose to flow with the forward motion (ie. flipped from the way you just did it)

just a question as I don't know the real answer.

88Accord-DX
06-25-2005, 03:10 AM
Yep, I didn't notice that. He has it facing the wrong way. Switch that rotor with the other one.

SteveDX89
06-25-2005, 04:13 AM
I got them from a member on the forum for $280.00 shipped from canada :deal: . I have heard about that the prop valve also, but I will have to wait on that one.

You are supposed to use the SE-i prop valve to get the brake bias right. I think the discs will have a tendency to lock up faster with a regular prop valve. That's not saying it's absolutely not possible to use a different valve as you well know.