PDA

View Full Version : Shifter bushings installed..

Busted_Blue
06-17-2005, 03:01 PM
http://www.slhondaparts.com/images/PCI/13SE00/011/3.jpg

Well I installed energy poly bushings for 19 and 22 and there is still play since it really just replaced the torque stabilizer rod or whatever you call it. I'm looking at where we can find better bushings for the shifter namely 17.

Any insight would be great. I have alot of play in gear. my shifter wobbles like it is in neutral.

Oldblueaccord
06-17-2005, 09:11 PM
http://www.slhondaparts.com/images/PCI/13SE00/011/3.jpg

Well I installed energy poly bushings for 19 and 22 and there is still play since it really just replaced the torque stabilizer rod or whatever you call it. I'm looking at where we can find better bushings for the shifter namely 17.

Any insight would be great. I have alot of play in gear. my shifter wobbles like it is in neutral.

Well #17 I made something on a lathe the stock bushing bolt just isnt right. Cant really explain it but your discription wasn't why I did it. I had trouble shifting under full load max rpm and this seemed to firm it up.

You have both rods hooked up? Thats a mess if you dont your shifter will feel likes its draggin on the ground.

wp

Busted_Blue
06-18-2005, 12:05 AM
i installed it right. It had play in gear and that was the reason why I got the shifter bushings. It didn't help much but feel more solid when going INTO get with force. Beyond that, it still has that left to right play in gear. I'm stumped. Perhaps it has to do with number 8 where the ball sits in as that accounts for most of the shifter movement.

Any ideas? It's not like it affects my driving but I like my shifts to be crisp and sharp and not wobble in gear.

Strugglebucket
06-18-2005, 05:03 AM
have you tried replacing #17, along with #4, 6, 27, 11 and 8 with new oem parts?

i replaced all of those at the same time i installed my energy bushings and it feels good to me. if you have too much side to side play while in gear, my main suspects would be #8 and #11.

smufguy
06-18-2005, 06:57 AM
ask someone to wiggle the shifter while u watch the shift rod at the very end where it mates to the tranny. I have play in it and its because my #17 sleeves are just fucked up. I have a new set, but im not gonna put it on this car, ill just save it for the next project. Once u tighten the 12mm bolt that goes thru that part, and try wiggling it, i bet it will be stiffer. But its akward tho.

Busted_Blue
06-18-2005, 08:08 AM
thanks for the info, i'll gather the parts and see how that goes.

PhydeauX
06-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Play in gear is also caused by the forks and selector in the transmission wearing. A surprisingly small amount of play in them translates to alot of play in the shift lever. There's really nothing you can do about it and you'll never be able to take all the slop out.

andy

carotman
06-20-2005, 11:47 AM
#11 can also be the source of the play

PhydeauX
06-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Just for reference I replaced most of the parts mentioned here in my shifter (4, 6, 16, and 17 if I read the diagram right, these were all the nylon and rubber bushings). They are relatively cheap. There was a diference, but it didn't eliminate the slop.

andy