PDA

View Full Version : major miss at around 3000+ rpms!

adams86lxi
06-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Well i cant figure out why my car missfires like crazy at around 3000 rpms! It gets worse after it goes above that too and it still has a slight miss to it at idel. I have checked everything i can think of. I looked at the cap and rotor and there like brand new, no small cracks or anything, spark plugs fine, plug wires fine. The only thing i can think of is that when i pull off a plug wire when its running i can hear every once inawhile the spark jumping across the positive and negative posts of the coil. So i wrapped some electical tape around all of the conections and it still does it. Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be???? THANKS!

AccordEpicenter
06-17-2005, 04:10 PM
adam, do you have the afc hooked up with the big injectors?

adams86lxi
06-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Nah, stock injectors on it right now. The only thing i got hooked up is a rising rate fuel pressure reglulator. I dont really drive it or anything. I just started it up the other day in my drive way and it was doing this.

adams86lxi
06-18-2005, 10:44 PM
anyone??????

c72c
06-19-2005, 07:00 AM
I don't know much about honda motors but mine did the same thing for about a week before I got it fixed. My prob. was the wires and that little chip beneath the distributer was messed up. try that i guess.

AccordEpicenter
06-19-2005, 08:00 AM
who knows adam, check the usual stuff, replace the coil etc

Robs89LXi
06-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Have you checked the fuel side? Good rule of thumb is always check the last thing you changed. How about your vaccuum hoses?

adams86lxi
06-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Alright ill check some of these things tommrow. Thanks for you help guys. I havent checked the fuel side so i will check that. I changed the coil and it didnt change anything at all. It just seems to be something with the ignition though. The weird part about it is that it seems to run fine when im actually driving it. Its just seems to do this when im at a stand still.

AccordEpicenter
06-19-2005, 08:35 PM
heres an idea, check to see if the vac line for the map sensor is hooked up. Mine fell off once and i couldnt find out why shed run like crap and wouldnt idle...

adams86lxi
06-19-2005, 09:34 PM
heres an idea, check to see if the vac line for the map sensor is hooked up. Mine fell off once and i couldnt find out why shed run like crap and wouldnt idle...

Well i got check valves inline with the map sensor wire. Maybe those could of cause a problem then. Ill have to take them off and see what it does.