PDA

View Full Version : something with the tranny

c72c
06-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Before the tranny blew on my 86, it wouldn't shift into 5th. The day it started happening, it sounded like my cv joint broke but it was the tranny. Could it have been the gear or the syncro that broke?

newaccorddriver
06-17-2005, 10:19 PM
possibly a bend shifter fork

Justin86
06-18-2005, 08:46 AM
well have you pulled the tranny to look at it yet?

c72c
06-19-2005, 06:51 AM
well have you pulled the tranny to look at it yet?

I haven't been able to yet, :sad2: . Honestly though, I have never pulled a tranny from a honda, much less a front wheel drive, is it pretty much the same as rwd cars? :uh:

Justin86
06-20-2005, 08:26 AM
It's all nuts and bolts.......... ;)
I can pull one in about an hour might take someone new a few hours.

newaccorddriver
06-21-2005, 07:23 PM
It's all nuts and bolts.......... ;)
I can pull one in about an hour might take someone new a few hours.

im new and im about to go pull out a transmission from an accord in a junk yard, what needs to be done?

do i need to take out the drive shafts while im there?

POS carb
06-22-2005, 06:03 PM
you need to pop the axles out of the tranny, pain in the ass! rip the boots on the junker, fastest way...
then you need to disconnect the clutch cable and reverse lights (stick), TV cable (auto), the power steering speed sensor (10mm bolt). The rear engine mount has to go, torque strut can get in your way. The lower brace under the engine and the exhaust have to go. I haven't had the EGR shit in a while so I can't remember if you need to pull that out of the way to get to the tranny bolts. Remember to disconnect the wiring harness clip from the engine mount bracket.
Drain the tranny. once this is done start removing 14 mm bolts that connect the trans to the engine block and start separating the two pieces.

newaccorddriver
06-22-2005, 07:25 PM
you need to pop the axles out of the tranny, pain in the ass! rip the boots on the junker, fastest way...
then you need to disconnect the clutch cable and reverse lights (stick), TV cable (auto), the power steering speed sensor (10mm bolt). The rear engine mount has to go, torque strut can get in your way. The lower brace under the engine and the exhaust have to go. I haven't had the EGR shit in a while so I can't remember if you need to pull that out of the way to get to the tranny bolts. Remember to disconnect the wiring harness clip from the engine mount bracket.
Drain the tranny. once this is done start removing 14 mm bolts that connect the trans to the engine block and start separating the two pieces.

damn that sounds like alot of work, cant i just disconnect all the wires leading to the transmission and then start unbolting the transmission and remove it with the axles cause id probably need them for a swap