PDA

View Full Version : Low Beam Problem

kaltenacht
06-17-2005, 06:15 PM
I am having a problem with my Low beam lights in my car. The problem my highbeams light up fine but when i turn them onto my low beams they completely shut off. First i thought it could have been the lights, so i replaced them. wasnt it, then i thought it was a ground someplace but i check the wiring and turns out that wasnt it. So now im thinking maybe it is the dimmer switch in the steering column? Is there one, if so could that be it? Maybe its something else?

Vinny
06-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Its the combination switch. the one on the column that works the headlights, turn signals, and wipers. pick one up at a junkyard unless you want to pay 150 bucks or so from the dealer

kaltenacht
06-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Its the combination switch. the one on the column that works the headlights, turn signals, and wipers. pick one up at a junkyard unless you want to pay 150 bucks or so from the dealer

Really? That makes sense then. Thats a tad bit expensive, however i work at autozone so that ill look it up at work, and hopefully with my discount it wont be to expensive. How hard are they to take out?

Vinny
06-17-2005, 06:38 PM
click the word combination switch. to get to the how to

kaltenacht
06-17-2005, 06:39 PM
click the word combination switch. to get to the how to

Sadly after I reposted i clicked the link to the howto...

lostforawhile
06-17-2005, 07:27 PM
you have to replace the whole combination switch, majestic honda has them the dealer told me they don't make them anymore, but majestic honda has them,the spring inside the dimmer selector wears out and can't be fixed, i can fix just about anything, but that 5$#^76&* switch isn't made to come apart.

MrBen
06-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Really? That makes sense then. Thats a tad bit expensive, however i work at autozone so that ill look it up at work, and hopefully with my discount it wont be to expensive. How hard are they to take out?

If you think that''s a tad expensive, if you have them actually install it for you it will run you over $300.

Total ripoff.

lostforawhile
06-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Really? That makes sense then. Thats a tad bit expensive, however i work at autozone so that ill look it up at work, and hopefully with my discount it wont be to expensive. How hard are they to take out?they aren't hard to take out they are hard to find, they are a dealer only part. even my dealer said they don't make them anymore, but i found them online at majestic honda

kaltenacht
06-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Ah well thanks for the posts, my stepdad said he found one for 30 or something like that but i havent looked into it yet... I decided to take my steering wheel off and get to it and after messing with the switch for a little bit i managed to get it to work! for now atleast!