PDA

View Full Version : New Tires

Darkside
06-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I used to run the yokohama avs es100s and I loved them. Then I tried the falken azenis very stickey but only lasted 12,000 miles. So I did some research and the bf goodrich ta kdw2 tested very well.
1.08g accelleration
1.09g cornering
1.13g braking
Well I got them and they really are impressive-not as stickey as the azenis but with the higher treadwear and our generally low horsepower I love them. So now you know if your thinking of getting them do it.

Busted_Blue
06-18-2005, 04:37 PM
I used to run the yokohama avs es100s and I loved them. Then I tried the falken azenis very stickey but only lasted 12,000 miles. So I did some research and the bf goodrich ta kdw2 tested very well.
1.08g accelleration
1.09g cornering
1.13g braking
Well I got them and they really are impressive-not as stickey as the azenis but with the higher treadwear and our generally low horsepower I love them. So now you know if your thinking of getting them do it.

hey, what are those numbers off of? Anyways what are the prices and sizes you tried as I know that plays into a factor too. I've been thinking of getting some tires here and there since I love suspension.

Darkside
06-18-2005, 09:33 PM
The numbers are off oft he bfgoodrich website.
I paid 432.00 shipped for 4 205/50/15s.

PortugalFocus
06-20-2005, 08:44 AM
KDW2's are good tires for wet/dry but if you get snow you should get the KDWS, unless you have a snow tire setup.

Oldblueaccord
06-25-2005, 08:36 PM
1.08g accelleration
1.09g cornering
1.13g braking

Thanks for the info.

I think I may try them this time myself. If I can get more mileage than the Falken azenis sports or Kuhmo MX (6k tops) for the price I think they would be worth it since the new falkens are like $96 now.

Problem I should mention about the old Falkens also is at 50% tread there useless in the rain at anything over 40 mph.

Maybe we should have a spot to give tire opinions it help (hint hint).

wp