PDA

View Full Version : Your thought

MattA20A1
06-19-2005, 12:33 PM
im kinda low on funds and i want to get back into autocross so heres my plans for a setup tell me what you think:

right now i have a stock 86 LX

here is what ima do

Exhuast - Headers, with strait pipe
I plan on doing the vac mods to my carb
LX-i swaybars & strut tower bar
and a set of slicks
and any weight reduction i can manage

this Accord is my 1st FWD id every be taking to the track so give me some advice.. also i do not plan on doing a EFI conversion to this car for serveral years

if anyone knows any other mods for the budget racer i would like the help

3G Jester
06-19-2005, 01:15 PM
autocrossing in a 3g?
get like a v6 duster or an old bmw

MattA20A1
06-19-2005, 01:29 PM
autocross as in SCCA.. small cone tracks.. time attack
plus i dont really have the money to do that nor do i want to

also alot of you guys seem to say your 3g doesnt get up to speed real fast but it seems i can get mine up a going real quick.... ive beat my brothers ZX2 i mean im not saying my car is fast but its not slow by any means... i think the car could be good for this.. it already handles better then some of the newer SCCars ive seen/drove and had a ride along in

88accordhb
06-19-2005, 01:36 PM
there's a couple auto x 3g's.

Vanilla Sky
06-19-2005, 01:45 PM
i would go DCOE if you plan on keeping this as more of a track car. cabability for more power, more flexibility, and the potential for weight savings.

MattA20A1
06-19-2005, 02:42 PM
well it will be ran on the street to but emissions is not an issue in my area... is there some info about a DCOE setup anywhere i searched the board but it couldnt find much info about it

im kind of going over the possibilities of using an Electric-SC with a blowthrew carb.. i have not yet read up on the carb possibilities so i dont know if this is doable

EricW
06-19-2005, 04:41 PM
You are starting out just like i did in autocross with a stock 86 LX. Get a good set of struts and some stiffer springs when you can afford it. When you work on your sway bars get some polyurathane bushings, their cheap and easy. You will probably need some diffrent wheels also since its hard to find performance tires that will fit on the stock wheels so you don't have the problem of rolling the side walls. Oh yeah don't go too over board on the mods unless you don't plan on being competitive in your class b/c the wrong mod will put you in a really high class wich you have no chance of winning. :uh: But if you are just doing it for fun like i am now Have fun modifing you car. :cool: