PDA

View Full Version : oil leak somewhere

AccordNut
06-19-2005, 01:05 PM
i just got my oil changed friday, and they told me i had oil sprayed all over the bottom of my car but i was like nah they're just trying to get money from me or something. anyway i drive to greensboro and about 100 miles into the trip i get blue'ish smoke coming out the back so i pull over and my car is smoking quite a bit. apparently oil is being sprayed underneath somewhere and its being burned off of the exhaust pipes. i havent really checked for a leak since the oil is everywhere but it seems to be coming from the passenger side any suggestions or common leaks i should check?

also when i stopped i check my oil level and i was bone dry! damn lucky it didnt lock my motor up...and to top it all off, on the way back today a heater hose cracked and spraying coolant all into my engine and i barely made it back home. so now im screwed :uh:

mag_pbg
06-19-2005, 07:56 PM
if it is on your passenger side it could be the distributor o-ring or it could be coming from your valve cover gasket. Or even your oil pan gasket. I know I have a leak from my distributor o-ring right now

Blkblurr
06-20-2005, 06:57 AM
Once you get the engine running again, degrease it and pressure wash it so that when it leaks you can tell where the new oil is coming from.