PDA

View Full Version : civic air box

b8er
06-20-2005, 03:12 PM
so i was out at the JY 2 days ago and came across a 91-92ish hatchback civic and i noticed it had that little air box thingie on it and if i can remeber correctly i think all the carbed guys were looking for these cause then you can run a CAI easier or somthing so i decided to get it but then realized that i didnt have a phillips head screw driver so i went back home and worried all the next day that somebody else is gonna find it but then i went out today and it was still there so i snaged it, now my question becomes are these things really as rare as i thought, are ppl actually wanting these if so whats the going rate for them. so yea i havent decided if im gonna keep it for a bit or sell it, if somebpdy wants it really bad then its for sale, but whats the normal cost of these? thanx for any advice

b8er
06-21-2005, 11:35 AM
alright well it looks like from all the responces iv gotten that i am a compelet idiot, lol, so anyways if somebody has a carbed car and is wanting to go CAI i got the part you need,

'89AccordLX(Rus)
06-21-2005, 04:49 PM
These airboxes aren't really that rare, but carb guys looking for CAIs should definitely be interested in them because they fit with little modification.

accordlxi2.0
06-21-2005, 05:01 PM
and it really helps...if it's done right.
i had done this on the 86' and was the response great.
but it did'nt really go well with the 88' accord.

3rdGenHatchBack
06-22-2005, 02:16 PM
nah, there not rare at all... ALL of the 88-91 civics that had dpfi which is the lx/dx/std

the si/hf/ex all had mpfi so they have a normal intake plenum. and obviously wont work.